True Value Company
MERCHANDISE HANDLER - 2ND SHIFT (Creative Design)
The Merchandise Handler performs a variety of distribution activities to receive, sort, store, distribute and manage the flow of product in a warehouse environment.
Scheduled Days: Monday through Thursday Starting Time: 3pm to 11:30pm
Fridays Starting Time: 1pm to 9:30pm
Starting Hourly Rate: $15.75 to $17.50 *based on skills and experience plus $.50 shift differential
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
1. Unloads merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
2. Stacks and loads cartons and other containers for outbound shipment; stocks shelves with goods received.
3. Maintains and verifies records of goods received or shipped to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the distribution center.
4. May operate power equipment to move merchandise; utilizes small hand tools, pallet handlers and hand trucks
5. Select and pick product for shipment from paper or computerized store order requests, matching inventory to order numbers.
6. Prepares merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machine or other devices.
7. NOTE: % of time worked at each task varies, as needed
Education & Experience
· GED, High School Diploma, or equivalent work experience.
· 0-1 years of experience, preferably in Distribution, Warehouse, Supply Chain, or similar industry.
· Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Licenses & Certifications: N/A
· Balancing, Climbing, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Lifting, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Repetitive Motion, Seeing, Sitting, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Typing, Visual Acuity, Walking
Work Environment: Generally, works in distribution warehouse environment and may be exposed to heat, cold and may work indoors and/or outdoors.