Teller (Member Service Representative) - Part Time - Oyster Point Branch (Administrative)
TowneBank has a culture that:
•Has a commitment to exquisite service for our members that will lead to our ability to create a reasonable rate of return for our shareholders, a bright future for our dedicated bankers, and a leadership role for our bank in promoting the social, cultural, and economic well-being of our community.
•Embraces our hometown banking philosophy, where our family members, directors and employees are active volunteers, serving on numerous boards and donating their time and talents to local organizations.
As a Member Service Representative, you may look forward to:
•Receiving and paying out money per members' requests.
•Handling branch cash duties including: maintaining cash levels within established limit and determining weekly cash needs.
• Verifying checks and cash and examines documents for essential elements.
• Entering members' transactions into the teller system and providing receipts.
• Reviewing & providing system overrides on other tellers' transactions, when needed.
• Reviewing member accounts in order to make appropriate decisions.
• Balancing a cash drawer daily.
• Promoting TowneBank as well as all related bank products.
• Providing assistance to members in person and on the phone.
• Following the bank's security guidelines on a daily basis.
• May perform other duties such as balancing the cash dispenser settling the ATM, ordering supplies, settling internal bank accounts, balancing the branch, etc.
• Obeying all applicable federal laws, rules, and regulations relating to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
• Other duties as assigned.
You are a person that has (required skills):
• Punctuality and exemplary attendance.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong telephone skills.
• The ability to handle complex teller transactions, use independent judgment,
and answer more teller and general bank questions.
• The ability to accurately input information.
You'll be better prepared if you have (desired skills and competencies):
• Computer experience (Bankway, Towne 360 and Fortis).
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Physically you can anticipate to:
• Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
• Vision, hearing, speech, and manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers is required.
• Involves sitting, standing, stooping, bending, walking, lifting up 25 pounds occasionally, exerting up to 50 pounds of force, and eyestrain for extended periods of time.
• Not be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.