Accounts Receivable Clerk (Administrative)
We are Alsco Uniforms. We've been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It's our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We're seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We'd love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible to the Office Manager for the collection and maintenance of all charge accounts in accordance with company policy. With excellent communication skills, will be able to resolve A/R issues appropriately and effectively.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Process customer payments according to company policy.
- Follow the branch collection strategy in monitoring customer accounts for non-payment, skipped invoices and partial payments.
- Provide regular communication to management regarding status of account collections.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Complete monthly and quarterly closing statement processes and create reports.
- Communicate with customers via phone, e-mail, mail or in person to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts.
- Perform reference checks of all credit applications and report findings to management.
- Investigate and resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Submit accounts to management for bad debt write off.
- Fax or e-mail invoices to customers for payment.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- May perform some of the other general office functions.
- Proficient with MS Office, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheets summarizing aging/past due accounts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, especially in telephone skills.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking skills; detail oriented.
- Show successful experience in the ability to enthusiastically press into action collection efforts.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of general business operating procedures and be proficient in data entry.
- Some business or similar experience.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements consist of standing, walking, sitting, talking on the phone, occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs., stooping, typing, fine dexterity, hearing and speaking.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Indoor offices, meeting rooms of a typical industrial laundry, service center or depot.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit https://alsco.com/benefits/.
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Revised: 06/01/2021Office & Administration