Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center
Transportation Driver (Healthcare)
Seeking a qualified Transportation Driver at Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center in Brush Colorado. The qualified candidate will have experience operating passenger vans and 14 passenger buses.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a good driving record.
. Must have knowledge of motor vehicles and basic maintenance.
. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
. Must maintain accurate daily vehicle records and maintenance reports.
. Must portray a positive and professional image.
. Must be able to work flexible hours, occasional weekends.
. Experience working with/driving for the elderly desirable.
. Transport residents to doctor appointments, either locally or out of town.
. Transport for resident activities, either locally or out of town.
. Will be required to take rotation on-call evening and weekend shifts.
Acceptable MVR record. Acceptable defined as:
A. No major violations in past 3-years. Major violations include:
2. Reckless Driving
3. Careless Driving
4. Vehicular Homicide
5. Leaving the Scene of an Accident
6. School Zone violations
7. Financial Responsibility (no insurance)
B. No more than:
1. Three moving violations in past 3-years
2. Two moving violations and 1 at-fault accident in prior 3-years
3. Two at-fault accidents In prior 3-years
These guidelines are subject to individual account/driver exception(s) per underwriter discretion based on individual account peculiarities/situations.
In addition, a driver selection process is required consisting of the insured:
1. Obtaining an MVR on all new driver employees and annually on all driver
2. Comparing MRV record to insured's driver qualifications standards and allowing
drivers to drive based on MVR meeting written standards.
• Practices the Values, the Mission, and Philosophy of Eben Ezer Lutheran Care Center.
• Transport or pick-up paperwork, lab specimens, supplies or other items as requested by other departments at Eben Ezer
• Notify manager of need to schedule bus for regular maintenance, tire rotation, lift servicing, minor repairs, faulty equipment, as well as annual inspections.
• Maintain cleanliness of bus and adequate fuel supply.
• Report any faulty equipment on the bus to Transportation Manager.
• Knowledge of motor vehicles and basic maintenance experience is preferred.
• Must keep an accurate log of trips by mileage, destination, and reason for the trip.
• Inspect bus and all equipment on the bus weekly for safety and proper functioning.
• Must complete Travel Vouchers for all residents, staff, equipment, etc. riding in the Eben Ezer bus.
• Assure residents rights, privacy, and HIPPA regulations are followed.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, and cooperate with many departments and community agencies.
• Must portray a positive and professional image of Eben Ezer to the community, and maintain flexibility in working with outside agencies, doctor's offices, etc.
• Must maintain a good driving record with no major moving violations.
• The driver is also responsible for basic maintenance and maintaining the bus in a clean and safe manner.
• Ability to follow transportation schedule and transport resident to and from appointments as requested by Transportation Manager, Eben Ezer staff or physician offices. May include assisting to transfer a resident to and from wheelchair to a secured seat.
• Must have the ability to work as part of a team and maintain a positive attitude.
• In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include other responsibilities and duties as assigned on occasion, based upon Eben Ezer needs or requirements.
Material and Equipment used: Required use of a seatbelt by driver as well as correct use of safety restraint belts when securing residents inside Eben Ezer transportation vehicles. Pushing of wheelchairs. Driving of van and larger passenger vehicles provided by Eben Ezer. Telephone, fax machine, and cell phone.
Working Environment/Physical Activities: Working in an office as well as throughout the facility including resident rooms. Must be able to push/pull up to 250 pounds regularly using a wheelchair. Must be able to lift 0-50 pounds regularly by self and 50+ pounds occasionally with assistance. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, pushing wheelchairs, and move intermittently during working hours. Is subject to physically ill residents as well as hostile and emotionally upset residents, and/or families. Working in adverse weather conditions. Work scheduled weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Working Hours: Part time / Full time, Monday-Friday as scheduled appointments require. On-call will be required at least one weekend per month and one evening per week or as needed beyond. Overtime may be required.
Compensation: An hourly wage will be paid for normal work hours and any overtime that is required. On-call will be paid at $1.00 per hour. If called into work while on-call, overtime will be paid with a minimum of one hour for each time called in.