City of Ann Arbor
Public Works GIS I (R&D)
This is a temporary position; Temp 6; $13.33/hr
Nature of Work: Data entry and quality control of information from various water, sewer, and stormwater and other infrastructure sources into the City's GIS. Create maps and generate reports from the GIS, databases and spreadsheets.
* GIS coursework or one year of experience with GIS software use
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience using ESRI's ARCView, and Microsoft Office products
* Particularly with Access or similar database and Excel
* Geography or related background
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Positions in this class typically require: reaching, lifting, grasping and repetitive motions.
Individual must be able to either hear, talk, or see.
Move and lift light objects less than 20 lbs. such as mail, files, and supplies.
Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements. The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.See job description