Production Supervisor (Project Management)
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with sales of more than $5 billion.
AMETEK has more than 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries.
AMETEK's Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
We are seeking a candidate with strong skills capable of reviewing/monitoring of Daily/Weekly product schedules through various process areas. Lead daily production meetings on schedules and metrics. Training and mentoring of personnel to achieve Safety, Quality, and delivery of products through various product areas. General day to day supervisory skills. Technical ability/knowledge of welding processes, heat treat process, and non-destructive testing process a plus.
• Coordinate all activities between work areas to support customer (both internal and external) on time delivery (OTD)
• Conformance & adherence to Quality Assurance processes.
• Promote team development through encouragement, and by building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members
• Provide leadership and daily direction to operators; conduct daily stand up production meetings; provide regular performance feedback. Update all area communication boards with daily/weekly data.
• When required, create action plans for process improvement and implement those action plans to support company metrics or process corrective actions.
• Assist in company continuous improvement by leading or participating in projects such as 5S, production equipment utilization improvements, equipment upgrades, etc.
• Strictly enforce company safety policies
• Oversee any and all equipment preventative maintenance (saws, presses, spot welders, ovens, etc.)
• Oversee the purchase and use of any tools, or supplies used in various areas
• Maintain any fixtures used in various areas (move into and out of assigned fixture locations on matrix)
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required, Technical or Production-Operations Management related field of study preferred.
• Minimum of five years of manufacturing related experience.
• Any education or experience in lean manufacturing a plus.
• Due to ITAR Restrictions an export license may be required.
• Strong communications skills, both verbal & written are required.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Must be organized and proficient at people management. Excellent people and communication skills are required (both oral and written). Must be willing to manage non-first shift (alternate/off-shift) and or weekend operations hours.
• Strong process and mechanical skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation
• Computer literacy in a MRP system (Oracle a plus), Microsoft Office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .