Materials Manager (Finance)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
• Maintains a culture that empowers all levels of the organization to deliver world class performance.
• Participates in a communication culture that provides meaningful daily feedback to the team members, supervisors, and managers on performance.
• Follows all company policies and procedures for employees.
• Follows all Howmet corporation values with regards to safety.
• Supports closure for Safety and Environmental investigations in the Supply Chain department.
• Maintains compliance to all safety policies and procedures.
• Follows all department procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Ensures all material is processed per QMS requirements.
• Maintains a 'Right by Me' departmental culture.
• Follows and improves standard procedures and standard work at levels in department.
• Participates in cross functional teams to accomplish Manufacturing Quality objectives.
D. Throughput and Costs
• Executes the daily, weekly, and monthly material plan to support exceeding the plant financial plan.
• Ensures raw material purchases support the financial plan.
• Supports production planning to ensure priorities are communicated to Operations.
• Manages raw material inventory through launches, purchases, control of unusable material, etc.
• Manages revert process through revert/scrap allocation and track customer revert obligation to ensure compliance.
• Provides financial forecast data to include purchases, launches, inventory, pricing, etc.
• Manages several sub-tier suppliers tracking and reporting delivery and quality performance.
• Performs all other duties as assigned and as business conditions requireBasic Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing.
• B.S. Degree in Business, preferred concentration in Logistics, Production Planning or Sales.
• Ability to work in a team environment across all disciplines.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Experience with querying databases.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Great experience with customers and suppliers.
• Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
• This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.