E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc
Supervisor (EEIFT) (Maintenance)
Since 2001, E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. has been providing cleaning and ground maintenance services. Our company aims to provide opportunities to persons with disabilities in order to assist them overcome barriers that limit their potential. We know that our success in building relationships with our clients has been made possible through the talent and dedication of our employees. Our commitment is to serve our employees well so they in turn can serve our clients well. We provide competitive wages, embrace diversity, promote inclusion, and encourage personal and professional development. We are united by a culture that celebrates hiring persons with disabilities and treating them with respect and dignity.
Individuals with disabilities will receive hiring preference. If you are a person with a disability, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Site Supervisor manages a small to mid-size team responsible for cleaning/maintaining facilities and grounds maintenance. Provides training and development to staff. Responsible understanding all contract requirements. Interacts positively with facility members/staff and responds to requests for custodial related matters. Monitors cleanliness to ensure company standards are correctly maintained.
• Assigns duties, assist in scheduling and trains staff as needed.
• Conducts inventory, request resupply, and issues cleaning supplies and equipment.
• Regularly inspecting work to ensure that established standards are met.
• Provide additional work direction and assistance to janitorial staff.
• Complete all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintain assigned areas and equipment.
• Ensures grounds are kept to standard
• Use cleaning equipment, including automatic floor machines, commercial vacuums, wet mops, large wringers and other necessary equipment, tools, chemicals and supplies.
• Dry and wet mop floors, scrub and buff floors with rotor and other machines, vacuum carpets to clean and control bacteria, transport trash from utility rooms and other collection points.
• Clean sinks, mirror, and countertops, toilets, urinals, walls, and fixtures.
• Routine Heavy Cleaning.
• Perform special cleaning of induction units, walls, lighting fixtures, and windows, both inside and outside.
• Identify safety hazards and abide by safety rules.
• Document inspections and other maintenance activities.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Knowledge of tools, equipment, techniques, skills, materials, and methods of landscaping.
• Ability to determine the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Ability to operate or learn to operate riding mower, weed eater, grass edger, chain saw, stump grinder, hedge trimmer, leaf blower, wood chipper, lift, pressure washer, and other basic hand and power tools.
• The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms and/or legs.
• The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
• The ability to lift between 25-50 lbs.
• The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time in inclement weather.
• Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to operate various pieces of large equipment in accordance with company procedures and safety regulations.
• The ability to make repetitive movements.
• The ability to work in awkward postures.
• Frequent exposure to heat, sun for extended periods of time.
• Possible exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors and various infectious diseases.
• Possible exposure to wildlife.
• Possible exposure to uncomfortable noise levels and vibration of body or extremities.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum 24 months relevant experience & 12 months in a leadership role.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable.
• Must read, write, and communicate in English.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.