Plant Manager (Project Management)
We need a Plant Manager for our gypsum plaster plant in Mooreland OK. This individual will be directly responsible for all plant functions, including the planning, production, maintenance, shipping and receiving departments of a modern manufacturing plant. They will also safely and efficiently manufacture finished goods at the correct quantity and quality at the lowest sustainable cost through a motivated work force.
What You'll Do:
• Ensures safe working environment by managing plant operations for production, maintenance, quality and shipping and receiving.
• Monitors overall plant performance for production and quality standards by developing and reviewing reports and metrics.
• Coordinates plant activities through planning with departmental managers to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Hires, provides training, growth opportunities, and guidance to subordinate leaders; identifies succession role requirements and high potential talent, and actively trains key talent.
• Develops systems, champions corporate systems, and sets performance targets and measures that appropriately assess the performance of the plant, and direct reports, and reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; develops strategies for increasing productivity.
• Creates annual operating and capital budgets for the plant consistent with established financial guidelines and business planning process.
• Monitors operation expenses and develops ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
• Implements cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries; controls and minimizes labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
• Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment.
• Ensures that safety, health and environmental, legal, and company standards are complied with, emphasizing safety as a top priority.
• Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations).
• Works closely with Corporate Safety Manager and Corporate Environmental Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety and environmental policies to provide a safe and environmentally compliant workplace for our employees.
• Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials properly.
• Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelors with a minimum of 8 years of manufacturing management experience at a supervisor or manager level.
• 5 years previous industrial mineral processing experience recommended.
• Strong sense of responsibility; understanding of business implications of decisions.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating solutions.
• Strong project management skills; highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking and time management.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others.
• Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment; ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.