DTC Growth Director (Agriculture)
The Director of Growth, DTC will be responsible for developing and executing growth strategy, encompassing customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help build and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel, developing a roadmap, and constant testing to find improvements.
This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with DTC team disciplines (DTC Brand Marketing and Operations), in addition to other internal & external stakeholders, which include Brand Managers, Traditional Marketers, External Agencies, and “3-tier DTC orgs” [e.g. Instacart, Drizly]. You will work with DTC leadership to develop KPI targets (CAC, CPA, Retention, LTV), profitability (CAM) forecasting, and reporting on results.
This is a unique opportunity to not only join an innovative group within an established company, but to inform its growth & hiring. Our team is small, so you must be both a strategic leader, and someone that welcomes getting their hands dirty.
Previous Experience: i.e. what we're looking for…
● 8-12 years of experience in eCommerce, with a deep focus on performance-based growth marketing
● Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion and engagement), with a primary focus on digital, but experience with the broader marketing mix (e.g. above-the-line, outdoor, events, and PR)
● A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of media spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention/Churn, NPS, and LTV.
● A strong strategic thinker, with the ability to translate quantitative and qualitative data & insights into marketing strategies.
● You're also a highly organized "doer”, with a data-driven mentality and a focus on execution and “getting stuff done”.
● Proven ability to leverage multiple data sources to develop hypotheses and execute rapid test-and-learn strategies. We love pushing boundaries and challenging the status quo with unconventional channels, tactics, and “hacks” - that still maintain & build brand equity
● Deep expertise of ad/web/email reporting and analytics platforms, such as Facebook & Instagram, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, among others
● Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs and multiple attribution models.
● Strong track record of effective collaboration with creative & brand marketing teams
● Proven success at building, leading, and managing a team of direct reports. You'll help us build, and more importantly mentor, a young & ambitious team.
● Experience in high-growth, venture-backed companies, overseeing media investment budgets $20-100M+ highly preferred. ● Previous experience with Shopify Plus & its ecosystem of apps a big plus
Responsibilities: i.e. what's the job to be done...
● Own growth marketing strategy and inform our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention.
● Develop a marketing investment plan with Company Leadership, including budget, forecast, efficiency targets, with media channel & vendor/tech stack selection.
● Build dashboards for measuring and sharing results on business-critical KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs.
● Select and set up publisher and agency partner relationships for launch and beyond.
● Monitor and identify emerging technologies and tech stack providers that drive efficient growth
● Plan, execute and lead paid campaigns across online and offline channels, including Paid Social, SEM, Display, etc.
● Post-launch, design and implement optimization tests across our end-to-end customer funnel (from acquisition through lifecycle retention).
● Develop and drive retention programs, including transactional messaging and large-scale campaigns.
● Partner with cross-functional teams (creative) to develop social ad assets, landing pages, emails, text-based messages, and reporting
● Own management and results of ad channels including budgeting, reporting, and efficiency optimization.
● Collaborate with functional partners to forecast and plan company revenue growth.
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LocationField Office - NY - New York City/Westchester/Rockland
Additional LocationsField Office - CA - San Francisco/San Mateo/Santa Clara/Marin
Job TypeFull time
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).