Food Service Worker (Part - Time) | Randolph AFB (Food Services)
Hourly Rate: $15.15
Schedule: Thursday to Sunday 11:30am - 7:30pm or 1:00pm - 7:30pm (dishroom)
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays as needed.
Benefits include: Medical, Vision, Dental, Health & Welfare, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Reads recipes and/or product directions.
· Estimates food requirements.
· Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, and season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
· Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
· Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
· Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
· Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
· May taste test products.
· Sets up stations with entree, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
· Provides general stocking duties in service area.
· Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
· Brews coffee and tea.
· May be required to restock other beverage areas.
· May work on a tray line to distribute food.
· Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining areas.
· Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
· Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
· Washes work tables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
· Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
· Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
· Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
· Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
· Polishes silver.
· May wash pots.
· Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
· Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
· Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
· Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
· Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
· Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
· Other tasks as may be directed by the Project Manager/Supervisor.
· Pass and maintain any required security clearance requirement and comply with Drug Free Workplace policy.
· Adheres to Operations Security (OPSEC) standard operations procedures.
· Adheres to Property Control Plan for management of Government Furnished Property (GFP).
· Adheres to the safety and health program that complies with EM 385-1-1 and applicable OSHA, DOD, Armed Forces Branch(s), Federal, state, and local safety, environmental and health requirements.
· Maintain a site-specific Accident Prevention Plan (APP) in accordance with Appendix A, EM 385-1-1.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge Required
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to effectively delegate and develop team members.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Must have commercial cooking experience.
· Must Have ServSafe Food Handler Certification.
· Must be able to Work a Flexible Work Schedule.
· Must Obtain and Maintain a Security Clearance.
This position performs all manner of commercial kitchen operations and directly reports to the Project Manager
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school education or GED;
· 1 year relevant work experience within a commercial janitorial environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Ability to organize effectively, solve problems quickly and communicate clearly
· Focused with a drive to succeed
· Ability to manage time effectively and handle both internal and external conflicts
While performing the duties of this job individuals will stand for long periods of time working in within a commercial kitchen environment.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands of this position require prolonged standing, walking, use of hands and fingers, reaching with arms, climbing and balancing.
· Ability to regularly lift 25-50 pounds and on occasion up to 100 pounds.
· The work environment of this position may require the employee to work in extreme temperatures: wet, hot, cold or humid conditions (indoor and outdoor); near moving mechanical parts; in high precarious places; areas where fumes or airborne particles are present; with or around toxic or caustic chemicals; in areas where the risk of electrical shock is present; around explosives; areas where the risk of radiation is present and work which exposes the employee to vibration.
· The visual demands of this position require: clear vision of less than 20 inches to greater than 20 feet; ability to identify and distinguish colors; peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Exposure to noise levels ranging from very quiet to very loud.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a non-exempt full/part-time position; Work schedule varies and requires long hours and weekends.
Travel: This position requires no travel.
TRDI hires many individuals with and without disabilities, especially those that are transitioning out of the Armed Services:
If you are self-identifying a disability, please submit supportive documentation (i.e. the official medical/psychological diagnosis signed by the appropriate healthcare provider, along with functional limitations + extent) with the application package for full employment consideration. If you have a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC) assigned, you can request a 1-page letter on their official letterhead with the same requested information signed by the VRC. Please fax to 210-736-6675.