Technical Program Manager, New Product Introduction (Marketing)
The Technical Program Manager position is responsible for the management of projects and programs related to New Product Development and Introduction. This key role oversees coordination of internal resources for Programmable Power and VTI Instruments to ensure these programs meet their economic, technical, time schedule, procurement, and volume production requirements. Tailoring product-specific plans and driving functional alignment to those plans, ensuring leadership, commitment, and execution are key deliverables of this position. The Technical Program Manager works cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Marketing, Quality, and Customer Support to drive success.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
• Developing and managing project timelines, resource planning and project deliverables.
• Articulating key objectives, major milestones, priorities, required resources, and identifying the key metrics (KPI) used to measure progress toward those goals.
• Chairing phase-gate reviews throughout the product development and introduction cycle
• Proactive communication with stakeholders, including the leadership team, program team members, internal functional departments, and customers, regarding program progress, performance and timeline risks, and mitigation plans.
• Project activities may include: design validation; coordinating procurement and staging of pilot materials; pilot runs and identifying process gaps; Bill Of Material content and volume cost accuracy; sustainable pipeline and forecast for production builds; verification of production readiness including test; product pricing availability and distribution; promotional marketing collateral and communication
• Soliciting and coordinating customer input and feedback with internal stakeholders as needed to drive successful community support for identified improvement opportunities
• Validating development budgets and actual expenses, and monitor post-launch revenue milestones
In order to perform this job successfully, candidates should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical gaps in plans; identifying risks and recommending solutions that others with a single functional focus may overlook; provide detailed insight and constructive suggestions when faced with challenges and complex situations
• Working with Ambiguity: Achieve progress and momentum in situations that lack an absolute or indisputable solution; improve clarity and definition when goals are unclear; work around previously unencountered roadblocks; drive activity even when faced with limited information
• Drive for Results: Aggressively pursue challenging objectives; commitment to achieving objectives during periods of surge demand, take a focused, goal driven approach
• Effective Communication: Express ideas and information clearly and concisely; tailor compelling messaging to the roles and perspectives of the target audience
• Multitasking: Support multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
• 5 years of experience managing new product lifecycles, from concept to volume production.
• Experience in product manufacturing, preferably electronics or mechanical equipment.
• Direct experience with application of project management methods.
• Proficiency in and experience with Microsoft Project
• Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Basic understanding of procurement and coordination with 3rd party suppliers.
• Basic understanding of financial budgeting, and resource assessment, methods.
Preferred Qualifications: Advantageous, Not Required
• Project Management certificate or background in military-focused programs
• Experience with basic use of manufacturing ERP systems (Oracle or Navision)
• Four-year Bachelor's degree minimum; technical field a plus but not required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and software applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .