Epiq Global Business Transformation Solutions, LLC
Document Specialist (Legal)
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Document Specialist I
The Document Specialist I performs document control by creating, reviewing, or editing documents prior to them being sent to clients. These tasks are accomplished by: editing, formatting, creating, revising, and converting documents via various applications, including transcription software.
• Process requests using best practices and most efficient method;
• Create and/or revise work product using direct keyboard entry, scanner or electronic conversion methods of input; transcribes audio and digital dictation including deposition transcripts as required;
• Spell check, proofread and/or cross-check documents to ensure accuracy and completeness;
• Convert documents to and from the standard format per customer's request;
• Participate in ongoing intra-department training to develop and maintain necessary specialized and advanced skills required to support the document service's needs;
• Maintain high level of confidentiality of all records and files;
• Participate in departmental project teams; assist with various projects and initiatives as assigned;
• Provide excellent customer service by answering questions knowledgeably to customers and team members;
• Willingness to share ideas and thought processes;
• Adhere to team processes and new implementations and/or directives;
• Strive to increase skillset knowledge level by participating in company training courses, research, and onsite training sessions;
• Ability to correspond with customers professionally via telephone, and email;
• Flexibility to adapt to change; • Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
• High School Degree or Equivalent;
• 1-year experience in a legal document production environment and/or legal secretarial experience;
• Familiarity with MS Office applications including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; • Excellent communication skills;
• Skilled in spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure and proofreading;
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments;
• Take initiative and use good judgment to accomplish results;
• Ability to excel under pressure within established timeframe and provide quality work product;
• Ability to provide excellent customer service and interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management;
• Familiarity with legal terminology;
• Prolonged sitting and computer use are required.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.