Account Manager, OEM (Marketing)
• Remote: This position does not require employees to be on-site full time to perform most effectively. The employee role allows them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Why work for us
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
Position reports to Meritor Director, OEM Sales and supports with day-to-day details of North American Truck. Involves coordination of Meritor product (both Components & New Power-Electrification) integration meetings with engineering, marketing, pricing, purchasing, aftermarket, warranty, and field service as required; information flow to and from field organizations. Liaison between Meritor divisions and NA Truck during policy, warranty, recalls, safety initiatives and other areas as required.
Assists in the formation and implementation of specific strategies for Meritor product sales initiatives as well as any related service initiatives through NA Truck and their subsidiary companies. Works with other division representatives on site in the OEM sales office to support and facilitate ongoing product programs.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Standards of Business Conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Execution of monthly activity reports. Including competitive information sharing, technical issues, and customer complaints in detail.
• Manage and coordinate quarterly updates with OEM Product marketing teams in order to align product objectives between the companies.
• Assist Director by implementing long term agreements & pricing strategies where applicable.
• Drive to achieve annual Meritor penetration goals through sales and marketing initiatives.
• Mediate OEM divisional contact with Cummins-Meritor & New Power organizations for mutual benefit of both parties.
• Manage regular information flow from Meritor field organizations to OEM and from OEM to District Sales Managers.
• Consolidate & answer databook code and price inquiries, product release dates, project status updates.
• Assist service group in managing recalls and product assurance programs.
• Regularly review demand and assist CSR's in communication of parts/component delivery issues, shortages, pull ahead requests, etc.
• Resolve disputed freight issues at plants.
• Manage new product launches & product conversions from C2C, communicating our timelines and assuring timely SOP dates.
• Participate & drive reoccurring meetings with Meritor resident engineer & OEM engineering to track progress of program timing.
• Strengthening both Meritor and OEM relationships through all segments of our functional groups including, but not limited to Purchasing, Product Planning, Product Line, Marketing, Manufacturing, SQA-Quality, Engineering and District / Regional Field sales.
• Must have the capacity to develop and further extend our alliance at the OEM Production Site levels to gain strategic momentum within all conduits that are internal to the customer.
• Contain exceptional knowledge of Meritor's Manufacturing systems to further gain understanding of how the internal mechanics of these systems support and drive the individual Meritor production sites.
• Bridge both OEM and Meritor Capacity & demand planning groups to compile monthly production/forecasting reports from the customer to Meritor procurement. Hosting weekly calls at the site level, and monthly calls at the management tiers to review the net changes, foster accountability and drive to refine OEM forecast accuracy to Meritor Production sites.
• To become a Champion of accounts receivables while maintaining a balanced demeanor. Must be aggressive in the means to protect Meritor-AR while maintaining a cooperative approach with the customer. Must gain OEM support to hold commercial agreements accountable, reestablishing both connectivity and solutions to Meritor and OEM.
• Host and/or attend regular marketing sponsorships that serve a positive presence reflective of the Meritor value proposition and to showcase value in our Products, People and Community in a positive nature.
• Manage/Respond to customer RFQ's in a timely manner while tracking progress in SalesForce
• BS or BA in Business, Sales, or Procurement highly preferred
• 5 years' experience in related position, field sales, product and/or service experience
• Strong background with heavy truck components/parts and systems.
• Outstanding written and or communication skills required
• Advanced in all segments of Microsoft Office
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Meritor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.