Control Process Operator (Manufacturing)
Arcosa Lightweight is searching for a Control Process Operator for our Boulder, CO plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture by supporting activities and staff within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As a Control Process Operator, you will maintain production through proper temperature, process speed and components.
Arcosa Lightweight is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Operate equipment including, but not limited to the Kilns, Coolers and Finish screens.
• Monitor all equipment in the plant, such as temperatures, pressures and amp gauges interpreting gauges, charts and instruments to make adjustments as necessary.
• Operate kilns by making necessary adjustments to the rate of fuel flow, speed, draft and other process variables.
• Coordinate activities of operating personnel. Has the authority to assign routine and non-routine work.
• Answer incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and direct calls as needed.
• Collect and run process samples with various instruments and devices.
• Work in cooperation with Lab personnel in the effort to produce quality products. This may include cross training and running samples with Lab personnel to effectively learn the chemistry of clinker and cement products and by-products.
• Accountable for personnel and equipment safety, production rates, emissions and other process variables as assigned.
• Maintain accurate records of the kilns and their auxiliary equipment.
• Ability to make decisions, troubleshoot problems and assist the Production Manager.
• Be involved in Safety committee initiatives.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Lead Operator and the Production Manager
What You'll Need:
• Minimum 0 to 1 years' experience in cement production; knowledge of the kiln process is helpful.
• Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds.
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy).
• The ability to multi-task and make sound decisions in a very fast paced and demanding environment.
• Computer knowledge preferred, as well as the ability to learn new software, including Windows, Excel, Microsoft and Wonderware Applications.
• Strong basic mathematics skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Related bachelor's degree preferred.