Sr. Controls System Engineer (Marketing)
• Hybrid Position: The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work-based business needs.
We run together. We're stronger together. You belong here.
At Meritor, we live by the Meritor Code – our shared commitment to be our best. Each one of us contributes to our culture rooted in driving innovation and championing inclusion for all. Our success has always been centered on collaboration, bringing together diverse talent and ideas to drive innovation and promote continuous learning. We empower our team members to do what's right for our customers and each other every day, championing flexible and sustainable teamwork where everyone feels valued and can make an impact.
Our Sr. Controls Systems Engineer is responsible for design and development of controls software for electrified drivetrain system. They will develop system safety software, controls software & diagnostics for electrified drivetrains and supervisory vehicle controls across within a cross functional development team.
• Develop torque security and energy management features for electrified drive systems
• Develop system safety software and associated diagnostics for powertrain controls
• Develop control models in a model based development environment using Matlab/Simulink tool chain
• Ability to create SW architecture components that support AUTOSAR framework within an ETAS or Vector BSW environment
• Work with cross functional team to create internal software requirements for electrified drivetrain systems
• Support external customers to define software features and system interfaces for different vehicle classes
• Develop requirements and collaborate with ECU hardware suppliers to address ISO-26262 functional safety requirements and technical safety requirements as required for target ASIL-C compliant electrified drivetrain system
• Create DFMEA, FTA, DVP&R and other supporting development work-products to meet ISO-26262 compliance for electrified drivetrain
• Document requirements, track issues, and maintain controls development activities within an ALM environment like Polarion
• Troubleshoot issues and testing systems on benches, dynos and in vehicles
• Masters of Science in Electrical engineering, Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience in use of CAN, CCP, XCP communication and diagnostics test tools (i.e. Vector CANoe/CANape/CANalyzer)
• Minimum 7 years of experience developing application software for power-train controllers and/or power electronics for automotive applications
• Experience with low level driver development and/or BSW integration for multi-core MCU's
• Experience utilizing Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow, CANalyzer, CANape, tools for controls software development for real-time controls, experience with C-code generation, AUTOSAR BSW like ETAS or Vector, prior embedded software development in automotive environment
• 10+ years of experience controls or Ph.D. in Controls Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering
• Experience developing rapid prototype and modeling tools from dSPACE, Plexim, or similar prototype controllers
• Experience with real-time lockstep floating point microprocessors such as Infineon Aurix MCU
• Experience developing model predictive controls, PID, FIR, Filters, State Space
• Experience with vehicle dynamics, e-motor controls, torque security, inverters and HV systems
• Experience with multi-gear transmission controls shift strategy and BLDC motor controls
This position is eligible for Meritor's Incentive Compensation Plan, which offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Meritor provides a comprehensive total rewards benefit program. Options include medical, dental, vision, Health savings account, flexible spending accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, employee assistance program, vehicle discounts and more.
At Meritor, all are welcome. Our focus is on creating a people-focused culture that enables each one of us to perform at our best. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. At Meritor, we run together. You belong here.