Driver/Relief Batch - Ready Mix - Columbus, NE (Transportation)
Job ID: 254759
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer, Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
• Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
• Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
• Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
• Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
• Adjusts the trailer axle pressure depending on the weight of the load.
• Follows written and verbal instructions to include city street maps and has the ability to complete necessary paperwork.
• Maneuvers the truck up to deliver concrete to the point of delivery.
• Assembles concrete chute(s) weighing 35-50 pounds each.
• Moves hand and foot controls and understands and follows hand signals while operating the truck.
• Cleans truck after loading and after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
• Sprays surfaces of truck with acid compound to clean truck and drum in accordance with company standards.
• Reads, understands and complies with the Safety Manual and Employee Manual.
• Understands that attendance and punctuality are required each day of work.
Must have a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen. MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.