CONCORDE CAREER COLLEGES INC
Surgical Technology Program Director (Education)
The Surgical Technology Program Director manages the instructors and the educational activities of the department and all classes both day and evening. The Surgical Technology Program Director will be responsible for the applicable accreditation standards or agencies regulations and the school Policy and Procedure department's curricula as stated in the catalog.
• An Associate's Degree is required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Current credential in surgical technology (CST, CSFA, or CST/CSFA)
• Current OR experience which is defined as a minimum of 3 of the last 5 years spent as a practicing surgical technologist and/or as an instructor in surgical technology.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a scrub role.
• Must be capable of teaching both the Clinical and Didactic aspects of the program.
• Management experience required or acceptable equivalency in Concorde Career Colleges experience.
• Teaching experience preferred.
• Post secondary education experience desired.
• Must also meet all regulatory and corporate qualifications.
• Must have the knowledge and ability to judge instructors' competence.
• Requires strong attention to details and a positive professional attitude.