Controls Engineer (Marketing)
• Provide technical assistance in support of projects and manufacturing goals.
• Provide technical assistance to the Maintenance department as requested in identifying and correcting non-routine or highly complex equipment problems.
• Maintain technical documentation and software in direct support of manufacturing and plant facilities.
• Design and review designs of plant equipment as they relate to electrics, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics and safety issues. Ensure the most beneficial application of current technology in these designs.
• Coordinate and implement continuous improvement projects from conception to completion.
• Issue request for quotation, develop appropriation request, and prepare purchase orders for projects and equipment.
• Initiate and support various task teams as required.
• Provide technical assistance with shop floor control systems such as Apriso and Ignition.
• B.S. degree in an electrical or electronics engineering field required, with a minimum of two (2) years related experience preferred.
• Experience with SCADA systems, preferably Ignition.
• Experience in industrial control system design and drafting. CAD experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of: NFPA-79, NEC, OSHA (Machine & Equipment Safety), ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012
• Ability to use a personal computer and software as used in the electrical engineering role.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and implement work activities with minimal direction.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment.
• HMI: AB PanelView, FTView, ME & SE, Parker CTC & InteractX
• PLC Infrastructure : SLC-500, MicroLogix, Compact Logix, ControlLogix, Siemens
• I/O & Field Bus protocol: PROFIBUS/PROFINET, AB TCP/IP, SERCO, DEVICENET, Ethernet IP
• PLC Programming: RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Siemens Step-7, SLC500
• AC/DC VSD/VFD (Variable speed drives): Mitsubishi, AB, Various others