Ent Credit Union
Real Estate Collections Specialist (Sales)
To work with members to help with their financial difficulties, analyze each collection scenario to ensure maximum benefit to both the member and the credit union while either eliminating, minimizing or mitigating loss by effective real estate collection practices.
The Real Estate Collection Specialist is responsible for real estate collections (CRE & Mortgage), modification and loss mitigation servicing, and foreclosure of real property. Minimize exposure to loss to Credit Union and ensure maximum return to Credit Union members.
Provide member service by responding to member requests pursuant to Federal Lending Regulations, Investor, (FNMA), Mortgage Insurance Company, VA, FHA guidelines, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Credit Union policy and procedure.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Mortgage/CRE Loan Collections:
Comply with FNMA, VA, FHA, Mortgage Insurance loss mitigation and servicing guidelines. Adhere to the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau) requirements and timelines for responding to member loan modification, payoff requests. Document compliance of such actions.
Real Estate Owned Monitoring
Mortgage Insurance Filing and Monitoring
Other duties as required
Minimum formal education required for this position:
Knowledge consistent with an Associate's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or another relevant field of study
Each year of relevant work experience may be exchanged for a year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, a requirement of “Knowledge Consistent with a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2+ years' of accounting experience” could be substituted for a High School Diploma and 6 years of relevant accounting work experience or a Master's Degree in Accounting and 0 years of work experience.
Minimum work experience:
2+ years' combined financial institution experience in customer service, lending, or collections
(Preferred) 2+ years' Mortgage / Real Estate Servicing or collections experience
Technical or specialized knowledge/skills:
• Strong professional, diplomatic, and courteous communication skills are of critical importance with an emphasis on the ability to confront others in a calm and diplomatic manner without invoking significant stress or inflaming already hostile situations.
• Ability to work with all personality types.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy of all transactions is of critical importance.
• Demonstrate problem-solving ability and consistent, logical, and effective decision- making.
• Proven time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and diverse on-going projects.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.) and web based transactional systems to complete day to day member requests and collection software systems.
• (Preferred) Basic knowledge of and the ability to quickly learn and retain new information relevant to, collection law, bankruptcy law, and credit reporting including, but not limited to:
Environmental, physical and psychological requirements:
Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time in a climate controlled environment. Must be able to use fingers, hands, wrists for repetitive tasks such as typing, using a mouse, handling paper, and operating a telephone. Demands for visual and auditory acuity are typical of an office environment. Must be able to interact via email, telephone, or in person with diplomacy, tact, and courtesy with all members under varying circumstances. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Starting Hourly rage: $19.73