Save the Children
Director of Digital Analytics (Creative Design)
The Director of Digital Analytics is a strategic leader with vision who will apply best in class analytics using our Adobe and other digital analytics tools. He or she has demonstrated success in making strategic decisions based on website data & insights to drive optimal website performance throughout the digital journey. This position is responsible for business strategy, change management, business policies, leading analytics team, developing and managing a Digital Analytics Center of Excellence, and collaborating with key business stakeholders throughout the agency.
What You'll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Digital Analytics in Support of Strategy, Tactics & Operations (60%)
As a key member of the Marketing Strategy, Analytics & Insights team you will:
• Set foundational strategy for digital analytics and data management and create a Digital Analytics Center of Excellence
• Influence the Digital teams and other Marketing Communications and Fundraising (MCF) Business Units and champion data driven decisions that help us increase top of funnel web traffic, drive supporter growth through lead gen and engagement, and generate higher overall conversion including across multiple giving product lines.
• Advocate for, educate and partner with digital Experience, Website Operations, Content leaders, Social Media, Paid Digital Marketing, and Optimization teams as well as MCF business team leaders to leverage insights from analytics to drive business decisions, decide where to invest/divest and determine priority focus areas.
• Establish and oversee analytics operations, and shape the analytics offerings, process and procedures within the Digital Organization
• Distill and synchronize various data sources to develop fact-based and strategically sound recommendations for the business.
• Enroll, energize, and enable a multifunctional team behind your strategies for analytics and for the business. Ability to handle complexity and numerous priorities/projects, lead others by influence across the organization, and build support behind strategies and proposals.
• Provide expertise and services on designing and implementing analytics for customer segmentation, optimization, personalization, marketing automation, and reporting digital KPIs.
Analytics Leadership (25%)
• Represent Digital Analytics vision, work with Business Unit Owners, and MCF Senior Management as needed
• Participate in industry leadership conferences and seminars as needed
• Lay the groundwork for a high performing digital analytics team that will shepherd a measurement framework, operationalize reports and dashboards, provide insights to inform business decisions, and ensure data quality.
• Ability to assist team with execution during work overflows or as teaching/mentoring opportunities.
• Ability to train and educate analytics staff at all levels of skills and expertise.
• Oversee career growth and development of analytics staff.
Analytics Innovations (15%)
• Strategy for adding new improvements to agency's digital analytics systems
• Maintaining knowledge base of external business factors (e.g., industry and market changes, competition) when making decisions and constantly nurture the organizational environment in order to encourage innovative ideas and initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 7-10 years of experience managing digital analytics operations for a brand, business or division.
• 5+ years of hands on experience with enterprise web analytics tools like Google Analytics Premium and/or Adobe Analytics, including implementation experience.
• Excellent presentation skills, as well as strong ability to convey technical, user behavior and website performance information to MCF and other agency leadership.
• Experience running digital optimization programs to drive ‘best in class' user experience through the digital funnel, AB & Multivariate online testing, and voice of the customer digital tools.
• Demonstrated experience with web to lead and customer analytics.
• Demonstrated experience with cross-channel analytics and interfacing with business intelligence functions.
• Experience working in a centralized analytics function serving multiple business units.
• Demonstrated experience managing suppliers/agencies and coaching direct reports.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across a multifunctional organization and lead by influence.
• Develop strong, collaborative partnerships between the Analytics team and multiple business units based on trust and value added.
• Ability to understand a business, what drives its growth, and how to deliver insights through digital analytics that will enable informed decisions.
• Analytics Expert – Deeply understands digital analytics, technologies, and the process of defining KPIs and deriving insights
• Master's degree in data science, statistics, marketing/communication or degree in related field preferred.
• Predictive and Attribution Modelling experience.
• Adobe Analytics and Adobe Target experience a plus.
What's In It for You
• Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
• A family friendly work environment
• Highly collaborative and innovative teams
• Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
• Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
• Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
• Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
• Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities and with the American Management Association, as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.