Production Manager (Project Management)
What You'll Do:
• Ensures that company safety, environmental, and legal standards are met.
• Champion for company and plant safety policies and programs.
• Manages plant production operations from raw material storage through packaging in order to achieve maximum productivity and equipment availability at the lowest sustainable cost. Collaborates with sales team to ensure fulfillment of customer's orders while maintaining plant production efficiencies.
• Forecasts production and coordinates raw material delivery with gypsum mines and maintains other production material inventories.
• Hires, provides training, growth opportunities, support and guidance to mining personnel; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines employees; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
• Plans and organizes daily activities of mine personnel with the shift leads to execute milling, thermal processing, finish grinding, and mixing of gypsum-based products used to produce a range of products.
• Develops action plans and measures to meet and/or exceed budgeted production and ensure proper costs measures are enforced.
• Coordinates plant operations activities with Plant Manager, Maintenance, and Quality departments to ensure that the strategic operational goals for the plant are met.
• Participates in the development of operations and capital budgets.
• Manages execution of capital expenditure projects.
• Manages 3rd Party Services from a safety, environmental, quality, cost, and performance standpoint when needed.
• Enforces performance targets and measures and uses systems to assess the performance of direct reports; reviews progress to ensure achievement of targets; develops strategies for increasing productivity.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
• Performs other directly related appropriate duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelors with a minimum of 5 years of manufacturing management experience at a supervisor or manager level.
• 5 years previous industrial mineral processing experience recommended.
• Strong sense of responsibility; understanding of business implications of decisions.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively in generating solutions.
• Strong project management skills; highly organized and capable of effective, efficient multi-tasking and time management.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills and must be able to effectively present information to others.
• Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment; ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.