EHS/Facilities Manager (Engineering)
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 17,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
Aerospace & Defense Division is a leading provider of engine and aircraft monitoring systems, data acquisition units, power distribution systems, fuel and fluid measurement systems, engine and airframe sensors, cables, harness assemblies, avionics blowers, fans, and heat transfer and cooling. It serves all segments of the industry from commercial jetliners, business aircraft and helicopters to military aircraft, ground vehicles, space craft and rockets.
AMETEK Hughes-Treitler (HT) is the industry leader in high-performance, plate-fin, Aluminum/Inconel heat exchangers for Military and Commercial Engine, Rotary, Airframe, and similar applications. HT specializes in custom build-to-specification applications where thermal performance, weight, structural and reliability are key considerations. HT provides Engine Surface Coolers, Fuel-Cooled Oil Coolers, Air-Cooled Oil Coolers, high temperature Buffer/Pre-Coolers, and bundled Heat Exchanger/Fan/Blower/Duct systems for the most challenging applications/requirements.
The EHS/Facilities Manager will prepare and oversee a comprehensive EHS Program and processes to ensure employee and visitor safety and that the Company meets and exceeds all Local, State, and Federal mandated EHS programs and requirements. This position will also oversee the repairs, installations and upkeep of facilities, equipment, and offices. This is a hands-on position where detailed knowledge of equipment and facilities is required. Their main duties include designing maintenance procedures, tracking budgets and expenses and performing inspections to find problems and make repairs.
- Provide professional EHS expertise and leadership to deliver a robust and sustainable EHS culture for the Business
- Identify and assess risks throughout the facility and develop and implement sound control measures consistent with a zero accidents/zero environmental incidents culture
- Lead and manage all facility EHS programs and systems to ensure worker safety and compliance with all applicable USDOL, OSHA Regulations, US EPA and State regulatory agencies.
- Train and supervise employees of the maintenance department
- Responsible for machine and facility maintenance.
- Coach, lead, mentor and develop managers, supervisors, and employees to achieve EHS objectives and to support individual employee EHS knowledge and development. Develop and implement training programs to ensure all workers have current EHS knowledge
- Regularly conduct plant EHS audits and assess plant EHS Risks. Identify and implement changes to mitigate any risk, improve increase the effectiveness of all facility EHS programs
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all EHS, USDOL OSHA, US EPA and similar regulatory reports, logs and forms
- Facilitates and assists AMETEK's property insurance company by scheduling and participating in regular facility audits and follows up to address and implement corrective actions when deemed appropriate
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors for execution of maintenance work
- Ensure operational efficiency of electrical equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair
- Ensure that company premises and facilities are kept in clean and hygienic condition
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree - Environmental, Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Applied Sciences, Engineering or similar major
- Minimum 5 years industry experience preferably in a manufacturing environment with an appropriate progression of increased responsibility
- Eligible to be certified as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Expertise and experience to use equipment designed to inspect, test, monitor, and measure environmental levels
- Hands-on experience with the development, implementation and continuous improvement of EHS programs and systems in a manufacturing environment
- Proven verbal and written communication skills which enable the incumbent to provide effective and meaningful EHS training to location employees
- The individual must be a problem solver
- Sound analytic skills and decision-making capabilities
- Strong results orientation and execution capability; Excellent strategic and tactical thinking
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and consistently meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach people in varying disciplines to achieve performance goals; Solid team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate as effectively on the shop floor as in the executive suite
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .