E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc.
Mission Support Director (EEIFT) (Creative Design)
Are you looking to be part of the team for a non-profit, where our passion and purpose is to provide job skills training, a compassionate culture, and employment opportunities for disabled veterans and other people with disabilities? If you are an experienced Mission Support Director, please consider applying for this experienced level position within our company.
The Mission Support Director (MSD) originates and leads Human Resources, Human Capital, facilities and logistics accountability, and digital media and technology services for the Company. Through leadership and tradecraft expertise, the MSD ensures practices and objectives will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, accountability, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The MSD reports to the Vice President of Support Services (VPSS) and is a recognized expert in mission support functions who assists and advises company managers regarding Human Resources, accountability, and technology issues. The position is based in our San Antonio office, and requires occasional domestic travel.
• Plan, organize, review and evaluate the work of mission support staff; train staff in technical aspects of the job; recommend and implement decisions to hire, place discipline and terminate staff.
• Supervise and evaluate work performance; provide direction and feedback to employees.
• Ensure accurate, timely, and relevant mission support communications between staff and company.
• Provide technical and supervisory direction to the HR staff and serves as a key advisor to the VPSS by planning, organizing, developing and administrating of uniform human resources policies, procedures, standards, and programs.
• Partners with management to communicate mission support policies, procedures, programs and laws.
• Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
• Manages all phases of Human Resources/Employee Relations/Personnel Needs.
• Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
• Manages the Corporate and Executive-level recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process for the company.
• Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
• Manages the Workers Compensation, Unemployment, and applicable Labor Reporting programs for the company.
• Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
• Interviews for all non-executive company positions; serves as interviewer for position finalists.
• Chairs any employee selection committees or meetings.
• Maintain and ensure functionality of HR-related technologies and outsourcing tools, as well as Compensation System Management.
• Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
• Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs. Monitors the tracking of OSHA-required data.
• Responsible for meeting program requirements for disability thresholds and documentation.
• Collaborates with the Quality and Safety training coordinator on establishing an in-house employee training system that addresses company training needs including training needs assessment, new employee orientation or onboarding, management development, production cross-training, the measurement of training impact, and training transfer.
• Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
• Formulates and recommends Human Resources policies and objectives for the company with regard to labor and employee relations.
• Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
• Reviews employee appeals through the company complaint procedure.
• Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
• Reviews, guides, and processes management recommendations for employment terminations.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
• Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records, within compliance guidelines.
• Ensures digital media, marketing, and technology services and equipment are adequate, to include compliance with applicable regulations, accessibility, and approved software and compatible firmware.
• Successfully implement and lead the property, logistics, and fleet management programs for the companies, to include accurate inventories, building maintenance and safety orders, applicable cost-benefit analysis, supply, and equipment refresh programs.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Preform other duties as assigned by Executive Leadership.
• Bachelor's Degree in human resources, business administration, or equivalent.
• 10+ years of Human Resources experience.
• 2+ years of formal leadership experience.
• Experience in the principles and practices of mission support functions.
• Knowledge of business and leadership principles.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations.
• Knowledge of relevant software and technology systems.
• Experience in the Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Inclusion and Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, accountability, and Ethics programs.
• Experience in technical and hands-on training programs, and required and recommended career development programs
• Experience in facilities, logistics, and/or information technology/digital media business services.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills tailored to the intended audience.
• Ability to effectively interface at all levels within the organization
• Requires strong organizational skills and the ability to complete multiple complex tasks in a timely fashion.
• Be able to pass a background check and screening requirements as required by contract and company standards.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
About the Company:
Since 2001 E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. has been providing its customers with the unique opportunity to employ a social enterprise that provides cleaning and ground maintenance services, as well as other meaningful job opportunities. Our company aims to provide opportunities to people with disabilities in order to assist them in overcoming barriers that limit their potential. With a vision to continue to be a respected employer of people with disabilities and “vendor of choice” in the markets we serve by cultivating an exceptional service-driven company that is committed to excellence and quality. Our values are to act with integrity at all times; to know our responsibilities as leaders; to create an environment where all associates are valued and respected; and to make ethical decisions while acting responsibly, ethically, and compliantly.
E.Q.U.I.P. Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.