HEARST MAGAZINES INC
Associate Commerce Editor, Esquire (Creative Design)
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Associate Commerce Editor will report to the Commerce Director and is responsible for aiding in the production of market and e-commerce coverage in the Style section across Esquire.com. Esquire's goal in this section is to highlight the best products available to its readers in style, grooming, and accessories, with an eye to style trends. Content ranges from product reviews and “best of” lists to celeb trends spanning the world of men's style and fashion. The Associate Commerce Editor will be responsible for writing and pitching multiple pieces per day in an effort to provide readers clarity and range in the products they are in search of, while also delivering the “why” in Esquire's voice.
What You'll Do
• Work closely with the SEO and e-commerce teams to aid in the production of market coverage based on keyword optimization and affiliate relationships
• Dive into the data to understand how people are shopping from Esquire.com, and continually update and refine coverage to optimize for conversion while maintaining the highest standards for our readers
• Write multiple smart and engaging stories with a strong voice and point of view throughout the day
• Work with the art team to help bring stories to life across a range of different platforms
• Pitch stories to the Commerce Director for upcoming themes and features, based on revenue and performance data
• Build posts from freelancers in the CMS
Who You Are
• 1-3 years experience writing and producing content for digital media
• Enthusiasm about learning the market of style, grooming, and gift guides, while keeping a keen eye for emerging trends in this space
• Ability to interpret data from multiple sources and apply those insights to Esquire's ever-evolving style e-commerce strategy
• Experience balancing many different factors—from SEO to e-commerce to traffic—to optimize online content
• Enthusiasm about all the fun, sometimes-strange, and interesting aspects of the shopping world and to help readers better understand why they should purchase something
This role requires the position to be located in New York, NY with an in-office presence of 3 days a week.
The base salary for this role is between $64,000 to $66,000 annually. The actual base pay offered is dependent upon many factors, such as: transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.