Senior Manager, Molecular & Cellular Analytics (Biotech)
The Sr. Manager Molecular Analytics is expected to Lead team of virologists and molecular biologists to design and develop analytic tools and assays for the characterization of vaccine candidates, and support platform technology development as technical program progress from early development into Phase I/ II, Phase III.
• Provide effective and inspiring leadership of the laboratory, ensuring support to professional development and qualification of staff , while reinforcing wellbeing within the organization
• Ensures the team is up to date and use cutting edge technologies and ideas to deliver best preclinical expertise to vaccine projects in discovery, development and life cycle management, according to R&D priorities
• Ensure that the objectives of the team are in line with R&D and business priorities
• Represent the team at early/discovery Project Teams and/or Technical Teams to ensure that the laboratory meet the project team's expectations
• Provide input to the DPU in order to identify, evaluate and select new projects for the future
• Strong scientific leadership to ensure interface with key scientific external stakeholders or interactions with external partner in the context of outsourcing of activities or collaborative research studies
• Enable collaboration with other Preclinical Platform members and foster synergies with equivalent team leaders at other RDC through sharing of knowledge, expertise and best practices
• Provide expert supports to other preclinical teams, but also IP and regulatory in the context of filing of patents, regulatory documents and submission of manuscripts to peer reviewed journals
• Supervise 3-6 Scientists
• PhD in Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology, Cell Biology or other Vaccinology related discipline and 8 plus years of experience
• At least 5 plus years of experience in biopharma-related industry
• A good understanding of molecular biology & analytics
• Experience with People Management & Coaching
• Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively
• Experience with collaboration in an international environment
• Possesses sound scientific methodology and thinking
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Experience in technology transfer in manufacturing
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.