ZEALANDIA HOLDING COMPANY
Cook (Food Services)
LaTour Hotels and Resorts, Inc., is now hiring for a Cook at our Clarion Hotel and Suites Convention Center in Fredericksburg, VA! LHR offers an excellent benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, ancillary benefits, 401(k), travel perks, and more! LHR contributes to an ESOP and is an EOE!
The Cook is responsible for preparing food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures.
Follows recipe cards and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption.
• Visually and physically inspects food items to ensure they are of the highest quality for consumption.
• Utilizes a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use.
• Operates a variety of kitchen equipment i.e. choppers, mixing machines, slicers, steamers, grills, etc.
• Controls food waste, loss and usage per hotel policies and procedures.
• Maintains standards of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen, restaurant utensils, equipment, and the kitchen area. Practices "clean as you go" method, which requires that all equipment and all areas are kept in an orderly and sanitary condition at all times.
• Checks pars for shift use, determines necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Notes any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
• Assists in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control and food handling procedures.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team
• Willing to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, smell, taste and perform repetitive motions that require manual dexterity during and throughout their shift.
• This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• 1+ years of related experience preferred.
High School diploma or GED Preferred
One year of cooking or related experience in a full-service restaurant
PHM's Core Competencies
Knowledge & Skills
Must possess a valid driver's license
Next to each activity insert N, O, F, or C based on the job requirements.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs. or less
Over 100 lbs
12 lbs or less
Cooks work at restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels, and other food service establishments. During busy hours, they are under pressure to serve customers quickly and efficiently. They often work late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This job description is intended to provide guidelines related to the essential functions, required competencies, and the work environment. It is not all-inclusive and the company may change it with or without advance notice to the incumbent(s). In addition, the company may assign other duties and/or requirements at any time, based on its sole prerogative. This document does not represent a contract of employment.