Fine Dining Cook (Food Services)
Cooks are the Soul of the house. Have you heard the saying Food for the Soul?! With 5 restaurants on site our Cooks ensure it tastes delicious for our Residents, guests and even Associates. Are you that person who makes individuals smile by your cooking, if yes come on and apply to receive an abundance of Smiles!
Sign-on Bonus: $500
Cook and prepare food according to written menus, maintain clean and sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining areas.
• Use portion-control procedures.
• Sanitize work areas, equipment, floors, dishes and utensils.
• Verify trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy.
• Ensure proper storage of food and supplies.
• Adhere to universal sanitation precautions, and infection-control policies and procedures.
• Prepare meals in according with written instructions (menus) and verbal clarifications.
• Ensure that food and supplies are available for meals.
• Report hazardous conditions and equipment.
• Review menus prior to preparation of food.
• Assure all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Establish food service production line and assure meals are prepared on time with proper presentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 3 years Fine Dining experience or culinary school recommendation.
• Internal candidates may substitute completed training in Fine Dining in lieu of the 3 years' experience.
• Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Skills and Aptitude Required:
• Must possess and exhibit a positive attitude toward customer service and have a genuine interest in geriatric care.
• Must possess good customer communication skills.
• Understand, comply with and promote rules regarding residents' rights.
• Promote positive relationships with residents, visitors, and regulators, to include presenting a professional appearance and attitude.
• Culinary education required along with strong presentation skill
• Understanding of: Basic Sauce Skills, Stock Skills, Butcher Skills, Basic Food Trends Nation Wide, and Basic Cooking Methods.