Sr. Industrial Engineer (Engineering)
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Experienced & degreed Industrial Engineering professional to support related activities within a diverse & global manufacturing organization. Emphasis is placed on accuracy & completeness of all analytical activities, but also on enhancement of existing processes & systems. Successful candidates will be instrumental in creating world class operating environments and facilities. Initial emphasis will be placed on Plant & Office Layout for a Bench-Mark Pilot Manufacturing Facility (Dana SMC Facility).
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Optimize plant floor layout(s) to ensure
• Manage Work Measurement activities including Time Studies, Work Sampling, & Line/Work Balancing
• Support Operational Analysis activities including Delay Studies, OEE Analysis, and Capacity Studies
• Facilitate generation of Discrete Event Simulations for new Manufacturing Programs & substantial process changes
• Support introduction of Process & Human-Centered Simulations (digital-twins) to the Dana Manufacturing Environment
• Conduct audit and verification activities for new program & process implementations. Verify processes are performing to design/targeted level(s). Develop corrective action plans for noted performance gaps (plan versus actual).
• Industrial Engineering Degree or similar degree with 7-10 years of direct Industrial Engineering experience
• Hands-On Shop Floor experience within a high-volume or high-mix manufacturing environment
• Experience and/or familiarity with Discrete Event Simulation
• Experience with formal MTM Systems & Software
• Direct experience with plant layout, workplace design, & ergonomics
• Proficient with computer-based systems and software, including spreadsheets & statistical applications
• Analytical & thorough approach, but focused on timely completion and implementation
• Strong self-starting skills & the ability to manage a diverse & significant workload
• Applied experience with detailed equipment downtime analysis & reporting (OEE/TPM)
• Ability to design & implement Bench-Mark Pilot Facilities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.