Crush Superintendent (Manufacturing)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill's agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
The Operations Manager III is directly responsible for management of all location operational aspects of the soybean crush plant, from raw material receiving to final product storage and shipping. This involves management of assets and employees, execution of product quality and Environmental, Health and Safety programs, accountability for development and meeting forecasted production, efficiency, manufacturing costs, and capital expenditures.
25% - Operations management
• Represents the Crush operations group at facility leadership functions/meetings.
• Manage day to day operations to achieve standards and goals
20% - EHS programs and compliance/safety leadership
• Safety Leadership - responsible for ensuring compliance with Cargill, business unit and facility policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation. Lead team to ensure all Cargill safety rules and regulations are met.
20% - Employee development and performance management program
• Responsible for leading production supervisors and ensuring employees are managed consistently in all areas of the facility including benefits and salary administration, hiring/orientation and other Human Resources matters.
• Participates in local annual wage review processes.
• Develops and coaches employees through Cargill Performance Management Process (PMP) as well as managing the disciplinary process.
• Builds employee engagement through positive working relationships and promotion of an enthusiastic and open atmosphere where employees will want to offer their ideas.
15% - Manufacturing costs and capital expenditures
• Responsible for annual and long-term plans as well as balanced scorecard and standards and goals. Has shared accountability for execution of major capital expenditures and projects.
• Manages expenses and provides monthly budget report, including explanation of unusual items.
• Lead, plan and execute production shutdowns.
10% - Interfacing with salespeople and customers
• Serve as a contact for local officials and community. Lead community engagement efforts for the Crush operations team.
• Troubleshoots causes of customer issues and collaborates with other functions as needed to provide efficient and effective resolution. Participate fully in Customer Focus strategy for the facility.
10% - Support of maintenance and reliability program
• Partnering with local reliability and maintenance leadership to ensure immediate and long-range needs for maintenance and repair work are prioritized and executed to plan.
• Attend various safety, department and training meetings. Facilitate meetings as required.
• Four-year degree engineering with 4+ years of combined leadership experience OR 8+ years combined leadership experience if no degree.
• Minimum of 4 or more years of crush, corn milling, biodiesel, evaporation or oil refining operations supervision and management experience.
• Quantifiable success in achievement of operational targets for two or more of the following: production goals, safety goals, quality, cost budgets, capital projects, maintenance & reliability goals
• Ability to travel, typically less than 15% (mostly regional to US).
• Deep and practical business acumen, along with a working knowledge of general business functions including Production, Sales, Supply Chain, Accounting, Quality Assurance and Human Resources.
• Strong understanding local, state and federal laws governing the facility operations. This includes areas such as Environmental, Health and Safety and Food Safety.
• Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships
• Demonstrated teamwork and ability to effectively collaborate with others and lead for high performance and high engagement; motivates, inspires and engages others to excel and work toward a vision.
• Demonstrated Ability to deal with ambiguity, to create and successfully implement a tactical execution plan from broad strategic concepts
If selected for an interview you will be required to submit your past two performance reviews.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.