Inventory Analyst (Manufacturing)
AMETEK TMC is the global leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEMs and end-users around the world. TMC Products enable ultra-precision research, measurements, and manufacturing in fields of photonics, semiconductor manufacturing, life sciences, drug discovery, and nanotechnology. Our products are designed and manufactured at our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Peabody, MA and backed by a customer commitment to provide superior global service.
The Inventory Control Analyst will work with Planning and Procurement teams, as well as cross functional stakeholders in the organization, to create dashboards, tools, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that describe inventory trends within the organization. They will also lead efforts and drive strategic projects directly related to improving these KPIs. This role requires you to acquire deep subject matter knowledge about systems, distribution, and fulfillment processes and KPIs used to manage and drive the business. It is essential that you can think strategically, connect the dots in the bigger picture, as well as be comfortable in the details of the deliverables to drive operational improvements. The role is expected to simultaneously handle multiple projects of department-level scale and global reach.
• Develop, implement, and monitor all key functions related to inventory transactions to ensure that they are accurate and timely (including both external and internal operations).
• Develop and supply strategic reporting to the Operations team, including quarterly summaries, monthly trends, week-over-week analysis, and daily reporting.
• Develop trend reporting on top inventory offenders in all functions of the warehouse for inaccuracies to help operations leadership in seeking to understand root causes.
• Innovate and maintain cycle count programs for all physical inventory locations.
• Perform thorough research and documentation on inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and supply possible solutions.
• Develop and drive departmental and organizational goals through data analysis with the ability to speak to multiple levels of the business.
• Take a high level of ownership of site training and team development based around inventory, with the goal of preventing inaccuracies.
• Daily reporting on variance trends on site including top offenders per function, top bins with discrepancies, top pick zones with errors, and any additional root cause investigations.
• Consolidate quarterly, monthly, and weekly summaries of inventory adjustments, including inventory discrepancies, write offs, variances, and overall value trends.
• Identify process and system gaps and highlight areas for optimization/automation with the goal of driving projects to improve these areas.
• Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Finance, Supply Chain, Analytics, or Industrial Engineering (or relevant experience).
• Preferred: 2+ years of work experience in finance, supply chain, operations, or inventory control/management.
• Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project.
• Advanced skills using SQL, PowerBI, Tableau is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .