Mechanical Process Technician (Project Management)
This technical position requires a self-motivated, skilled technician to aid process engineering to prepare and develop machine programming, methodology, and best practices for new product introduction for the machine shops. The position requires a good math and computer skills, ability to read technical drawings, a hands-on approach, prior machining experience, the ability to train/work with people of all skill levels, and accuracy and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Aid process engineer(s) in development of CNC/Machine programming for new production introduction. Recommend best methods of machining/fixturing and aid in the authoring of instructions for others to follow.
• Assist process engineer(s) in the paint shop area(s) with maintaining good standards and help determine root cause analysis and corrective actions for paint issues and sample failures.
• Make recommendations for improvements in product in terms of cost, reliability, methods, equipment needs, and machining procedures.
• Trains and instructs other workers as assigned.
• Assists process engineering with updating and adding new process routings into Oracle database
• Maintain high standards of quality, accuracy, and attention to detail on all work performed.
• Maintain a clean and neat work area at all times.
• Complies with company rules, policies, and procedures. Reports unusual or problem circumstances to manager.
• May on occasion, perform other related duties to aid other teams on request.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong understanding of machining principles, tooling, and CNC programming language (G-code,
• Operational knowledge of CNC machines including the following brands (Fadal, Spinner, Haas, EMCO, Doosan)
• Works from sketches, technical drawings (blueprints), customer specs, mil specs, mil standards, written and oral instructions, and engineering orders. Use of a computer, hand tools, precision measuring equipment.
• Knowledge of Mastercam software is a plus
• Experience using a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is a plus
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a necessity.
Education and Experience
Two (2) year (Associate's degree) in mechanical engineering technician degree preferred, but years of experience, apprenticeships, on-the-job-training, and professional organization certifications will be considered.
Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds at times.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .