AVP, Ceded Reinsurance Collections (Finance)
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The AVP, Ceded Reinsurance Collections is responsible for the timely collection of outstanding reinsurance billings on Chubb's legacy portfolio. The claims are long-tail casualty exposure claims, predominantly asbestos (and other mass tort), environmental, and molestation. The AVP may manage other staff, including reinsurance analysts or accountants. The AVP Ceded Reinsurance Collections reports to the VP, Ceded Reinsurance Collections.
• Law degree and 5+ years of practice in insurance or reinsurance coverage or 4-year college degree and 7+ years' experience with insurance or reinsurance claims and contract analysis
• Experience with long-tail casualty claims/claims-handling
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong persuasive writing
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Experience in negotiating disputed claims to final resolution
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.