Bag Handler (Security)
The Bag Handler loads bags of soiled linen onto rail/conveyor systems to provide sort/count work stations with bags for processing. Assists sort/count workstations as needed. Transfers soil linen slings/carts to washroom or clean linen slings/carts to Flatwork area. May clean empty carts, and performs other tasks as needed.
- Lift and load bags of soiled linen onto rail/conveyor systems.
- Transfer slings/bags/carts to other departments.
- Assist sort/count workstations as needed.
- Meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Clean carts/bins as needed.
- Keep work area clean.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count accurately.
- Meet physical requirements of job.
- Recognize colors, sizes and different product.
- Comprehend and follow direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, constantly lifting up to 100 lbs., seeing, hearing and stooping.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust. Soiled linens come from a variety of customers such as restaurants, hotels, medical facilities and shops.