Epiq Global Business Transformation Solutions, LLC
Document Services Supervisor (Legal)
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Legal Document Processing Supervisor
This is a 2nd shift position with a start time on or around 4pm AZ Time.
The Supervisor will have all supervisory responsibilities for Epiq personnel (within the client's team), including overseeing their activities, workflow and ensuring shift coverage. In addition to serving as a backup workflow scheduler, this position will also provide expert knowledge, technical support and training, when necessary to all direct reports and as needed to other Specialists in an effort to complete assigned jobs. This position will work closely with the Manager who will serve as the liaison for all stakeholders using the services of the department. This person must be able to exercise discretion and work independently regarding significant matters relating to the client.
· Provide direct supervision to the team. Provide feedback to Manager for performance evaluations and goal setting; as needed work with Manager and Human Resources on any needed employee counseling and/or discipline.
· Ensure coverage in the event of unplanned absences, scheduled time off and overtime requirements of Epiq personnel in the department; engage Manager if coverage cannot be arranged using Epiq personnel and is required. This is a critical function and is key – may require “off hours” communication w/ manager and others.
· Review customer-satisfaction survey results and reworks; provide timely feedback and monitor issues through to remediation; ensure team completes requisite trainings.
· Support the Manager in resolving grievances and issues raised by lawyers, paralegals and other job requestors.
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge and a high level of technical proficiency with the automation, specialized applications and upgrades in order to ensure own and respective staffs' maximum efficiency and productivity with applications supported by the Team. Troubleshoot document and/or technical inquiries.
· At the request of the Manager test and troubleshoot new applications and upgrade releases as necessary.
· Effectively onboard new team members. Ensure all training is complete and mentor is assigned.
· Document and promote best practices.
· Backup support with coordinating workflow and workload distribution across the team using the Workflow Tool. Ensure Quality Control process is followed. Hold team accountable to execute to productivity, utilization and quality standards.
· Serve as a liaison with customers to intake work in a highly professional and friendly manner.
· Prioritize work to ensure completion of assignments within required timeframes, coordinate workflow and special projects within the department and solicit assistance from team members to ensure accurate and timely results.
· Report to Manager all issues related to the operations, staffing and other problems that may affect workflow in the department.
· Help develop and maintain principal user profiles.
· Assist customers with questions or problems via email, telephone or remote computer access. Provide support for customers in resolving document and other application problems referred by the IT Help Desk and customers.
· Participate in departmental project teams and task forces designed to streamline workflow and/or resolve issues; assist with various projects and initiatives as assigned.
· Assist Manager as requested to research job tickets and review assigned jobs.
· Serve as an ambassador of the services available from the department.
· Practice and foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
· Perform any and all duties as necessary and as assigned by Manager for efficient functioning of the Firm.
· 3-5 years of supervisory/people and process management experience, preferably in a law firm environment as a supervisor, lead or senior document/word processing specialist.
· In depth knowledge of the Firm's Policies and Procedures.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize and coordinate work.
· Ability to maintain confidential information.
· Ability to make objective, independent judgments.
· Ability to think critically in a pressured environment.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with varying levels of people within the organization.
· Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
· Ability to constantly learn new skills as they become necessary.
· Vision: ability to see well enough to read materials and computer screen 80% of the time.
· Hearing: ability to hear well enough to talk on the phone 15% of the time.
· Posture: ability to sit for approximately 40% of the time and to stoop up and down 10% of the time.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.