Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope Inc
Customer Service Representative (Administrative)
Job ID: 290059
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is the leading supplier to the glazing, architectural, railing, construction, industrial, and automotive industries. Offering more than 60,000 products, we serve the industry from locations throughout North America, Europe, and Australia.
The Product Group Sales Specialist I (PGSS-I) provides exceptional customer experience to all C.R. Laurence customers. Through the detailed understanding of all C.R.L products the PGSS-I offers solutions and facilitates a unique and customized experience to all internal and external customers. In addition, resolves product and service problems, processes orders and serves as an ambassador (customer advocate) between customers and the company. PGSS-I helps fulfill our brand promise through the service experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide consistent exceptional customer experiences, every customer, every time.
• Maintain broad knowledge of clients, products and services of the organization.
• Document customer interactions and transactions.
• Listen attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy, and serves as an advocate for the customer.
• Establish a relationship with the customer and create an emotional connection when appropriate.
• Accurately process and enter phoned, faxed, and e-mailed quotes and orders in accordance with cut off times and other time constraints that may exist.
• Maintain good communication channels with production and specialists to meet customer deadlines.
• Communicate and identify customer expectations to determine expected delivery date and time.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustments; following up to ensure resolution.
• Assist Specialist II with expediting orders and communications with the production floor.
• Address the customer's need (s), ideally on first contact. See a need, fill a need.
• Greet customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
• Participate in educational opportunities internally and externally to enhance knowledge of product and job skills.
• Regular and consistent attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
• Partner with and provide assistance to all co-workers when needed
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
To be considered for the Specialist I position, the following conditions must be met:
• A minimum of 2-3 years previous customer service experience or equivalent; glass industry preferred
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates/Bachelors Degree preferred
• Ability to take ownership and go above and beyond to service customer needs
• Strong organizational and listening skills
• Ability to work overtime if required
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work with deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment to meet required deadlines
• Utilizes strong time management and organizational skills to successfully multi-task
• Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and specifications
• Computer experience a must and typing of numbers with accuracy
• Decision making ability – able to action
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate aptitude with troubleshooting experience
• Spanish speaking, a plus
What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
C.R. Laurence Co., a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
C.R. Laurence Co., Inc. (CRL) is an E-Verify Employer.