Harbison Walker International
Steel Technician (Construction)
The Steel Technician supports monolithic refractory field trials with electric arc furnaces (EAF) and basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) at client sites. The Steel Technician maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by educating the client on the proper installation techniques for HarbisonWalker Internationals material including the proper operation and maintenance of installation equipment. In addition, this position will perform on-going account review post installation to analyze HarbisonWalker Internationals material and equipment efficiency and will troubleshoot any technical, material or equipment problems that the client may experience.
Preserving high customer service expectations through technical and installation expertise; Educating client on basic monolithic installation methods and the operation and maintenance of installation equipment
Issuing complete installation reporting summarizing activities, consumption and costsCollecting operational data for analysis to determine the quality of basic monolithics
· Associates degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field
· Requires computer operation skills including, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Understanding of safety and basic OSHA standards
· Requires strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Requires analytical skills and the ability to understanding and interpret reliability metrics
· Requires knowledge and skills in environmental safety requirements
· Ability to read and understand Blueprints or Technical Drawings, ISO and Industry associated standards
· Requires knowledge of refractory products, installation methods and construction skills
The Steel Technician requires two (2) – four (4) years of refractory installation experience and zero (0) – two (2) years of supervisory/customer service experience.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
· Physical Activity: Requires between 1/3 and 2/3 of the time talking or hearing; and less than 1/3 of the time standing, walking, sitting, using hands/fingers to handle and feel, reaching with hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling.
· Lifting: Requires lifting up to 100 pounds less than 1/3 of the time.
· Vision: Requires close, distance, color and peripheral vision, including depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Environment: 1/3 to 2/3 of the time spent in an environment with exposure to fumes or airborne particles; and less than 1/3 of the time in an office setting, working near moving mechanical parts, working in high places, in outdoor weather conditions, in extreme heat, with risk of electrical shock, and exposure to vibration.
· Noise: Requires exposure to loud noise.