Excellus Health Plan Inc.
Community Connections Representative- Southern Tier- 014267 (Personal Services)
This position assists the health plan in establishing a presence in the community through home visits and community outreach. The ideal candidate will also assist members with activities related to accessing care.
• Educates members on health care benefits through home visits and outreach
• Assists members with activities related to accessing care
• Answers incoming calls from Medicaid, Affordable Care Act and Medicare providers, in regard to claim payments, benefits and eligibility
• Documents information and activities in applicable systems
• Teaches and answers questions related to cell phone use and navigation
• Coordinates and implements community events, including Birthday Parties, school events, healthy life style events and various community initiatives
• Schedules and completes home visits for noncompliance, benefits information, ED and readmission diversion and other high risk issues
• Conducts targeted phone calls for compliance, HEDIS initiatives and health risk assessments
• Follows-up with appropriate parties on status of high risk member referrals
• Assists in finding and connecting members to community social services and agencies
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies' mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required
• Performs other functions as assigned by management
• High school diploma, GED or vocational experience with a minimum of two years of social services, community outreach, or education experience
• Bilingual ability preferred
• Must have ability to travel throughout designated region
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aims to attract the best talent from diverse socioeconomic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
OUR COMPANY CULTURE:
Employees are united by our Lifetime Way Values & Behaviors that include compassion, pride, excellence, innovation and having fun! We aim to be an employer of choice by valuing workforce diversity, innovative thinking, employee development, and by offering competitive compensation and benefits.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those
Responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Non Manager