Prudential Ins Co of America
Manager, Enterprise Jira Product Owner (Information Technology)
Job Classification:Technology - Project Mgmt/Business Analysis
Prudential's Global Technology team is the spark that ignites the power of Prudential for our customers and employees worldwide. Our organization plays a critical and highly visible role in delivering customer-driven solutions across every area of the company. The Global Technology team is made up of diverse, agile-thinking, and highly-skilled professionals; we use our combined capabilities to enable the organization with innovation, speed, agility, scalability and efficiency.
The Global Technology team takes great pride in our culture where digital transformation is built into our DNA. When you join the Global Technology organization at Prudential, you'll unlock a challenging and impactful career – all while growing your skills and advancing your profession at one of the world's leading financial services institutions.
The Global Technology organization at Prudential is seeking a Manager, Enterprise Jira Product Owner. Joining the Global Technology Chief Operating Office, this role will drive the enterprise Jira adoption and improvements in the New Way of Working (NWoW) methodology.
As a key leader in the Agile Transition Office reporting into the Agile Transformation leader, this role will be accountable for establishing and managing enterprise governance of Jira and Jira Align tool changes, enabling consistent usage of the tool, and driving tool improvements.
The role requires a strategic leader, who excels at execution, has experience with enterprise change transformation initiatives and who thrives in a fast-paced, evolving business environment. This position is based in Newark, N.J.
· Serve as Product Owner for Jira, accountable for strategy, roadmap, configuration and adoption
· Manage NWoW Jira change governance, maintaining stakeholder engagement across Global Technology, Corporate Function and Business leaders
· Monitor and track usage and improvements needed to the Jira and Jira Align tool to meet end user needs
· Manage macro Jira adoption across the enterprise
· Work with key partners in the Chief Technology Office to relay changes impacting training and toolchain
· Bring subject matter expertise in agile and business acumen to build deep understanding of line of business and corporate function to enable Jira and Jira Align usage in those areas
· Build enterprise competency in agile delivery using Jira and NWoW Principles
· Measure effectiveness of Jira implementation, stay current with tool updates and innovations
· Bachelor's degree required
· Minimum of 5 years in agile roles
· Strong relationship building and communication skills, including written communications
· Ability to work effectively across the organization and influence a diverse group of stakeholders including small to large teams of technical experts
· Exhibits strategic thinking capabilities, problem solving skills, strong execution, and accountability for outcomes
· Proven ability to influence and collaborate with others and drive results, balancing tactical outcomes and strategic direction
· Understands Agile principles and practices-
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.