Human Resources Manager (Marketing)
• Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to Standards of Business Conduct and trains and motivates subordinates in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures.
• Responsible for preparation of and conducting new hire benefit orientation, and establishing and maintaining necessary records pertaining to employment, benefits and salary for all employees.
• Responsible for preparation and processing of all employment requisitions and employee change notices necessary for processing new hires, transfers, promotions, or terminations, or department, shift or pay changes; input necessary information to the Central Payroll/Personnel system, and distribution of paperwork to proper personnel on completion.
• Preparation of annual merit budget for exempt employees, execution of merit increases on a timely basis throughout the year. Tracks annual performance evaluations on exempt and non-exempt office and clerical employees. Implements non-exempt general increases, preparing necessary rate range or job structure changes for Central Payroll/Personnel. Additional Responsibilities:
• Conducts semi-annual wage/benefit surveys of local industry to determine necessity of a general increase, and responds to all local and Troy salary/benefit surveys.
• Maintains Human Resources information systems and develops reports to aid the HR Department, Finance and Payroll Departments, in tracking and reporting various employee movements or status, performance evaluations, EEO reporting, and benefit costs, etc.
• Develop benefit presentations and hold individual department meetings with all employees to communicate and interpret changes, advising/counseling as necessary.
• Calculate pension estimates for employees, obtaining and submitting paperwork necessary for retirement.
• Daily interface with Automotive Headquarters and Central Payroll/Personnel.
• Updates the annual Human Resource Program.
• Prepares and administers the annual contribution budget.
• Completes the annual FLEX enrollment of all employees, submitting status changes as needed.
• Supports department/plant self-management work teams, serving on various task teams.
• Miscellaneous duties include administration of the service award program, track the non-exempt defined contribution retirement hours, administer the salary savings plan, the education reimbursement program, attend monthly personnel association meetings, serves on advisory committee for Personal Care Plan, submits various reports, i.e. monthly manpower, quarterly contribution reports, employment verifications, update plantwide and department lottery listings, and training records for all employees, annual conflict of interest/standards of business conduct enrollment cards.
•Three to five years job experience as a personnel generalist, benefits representative, compensation analyst, etc. preferred. Education/Certifications:
• A college degree preferably in Human Resource, Business or related discipline. Required Qualifications:
• Strong customer service focus required Good communication/interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to work independently and respond to customer requests
• Flexible work hours