Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Associate Creative Director, Copywriter (Media)
At Edelman, we believe brands have the responsibility to reflect and move culture. We advocate for ideas based on real insights and sound strategic opportunities. We then challenge ourselves to bring them to life with creative that speaks to people, not at them. Founded 68 years ago as public relations firm, crafting messages was and is part of Edelman's core, but we've evolved into a perennial award-inning creative agency.
Our number one goal is to build ideas that earn attention of their own merits and inspire sharing. To do that, we lean into what people care about and want to talk about and show our brands how we can serve those communities. We create work that captures journalists' attention and generates coverage because the ideas are timely, relevant, push on cultural tensions, and have social purpose at the core.
Specifically, we are looking for an Associate Creative Director level Copywriter, who can concept, craft and produce creative ideas across diverse accounts and projects. You must be self-motivated, versatile, and dedicated to bringing in ideas that are earned-centric and social by design. You will be client-facing and collaborate with a cross-capability team to sell in work that solves real business problems. Your focus will be concepting narrative platforms and campaigns for a variety of brands and clients, from athletic wear to energy products to healthcare.
· Work in partnership with other creative team members, including Art Directors and Designers and at the direction of creative leadership to concept and plan execution of integrated campaigns and programs across a wide range of media and platforms: social, digital, video, experiences and content
· Concept and write campaign ideas for client projects and new business pitches that are earned-first and social by design as well as more tactical executions
· Work in concert with a wide range of specialties including account, strategy, project management, and influencer
· Develop tactics which bring creative concepts to life and achieve program objectives
· Manage multiple jobs simultaneously; managing and providing direction to other team members as needed
· Work closely with a project manager and production partners to schedule projects and coordinate production
· Prepare and present client creative presentations; Drive client approval process
· Work effectively with external vendors and internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe and budget
The ideal candidate will have a passion for not only coming up with ideas, but knowing how to sell them in and pull them off. Agency experience within a creative department is a must, as is an extensive background of concept development and video and social platform executions. The candidate must have experience in copy and content writing, in an individual and team capacity, in all mediums. The candidate must also be able to present their work to key clients and internal stakeholders.
Additional qualifications include:
· Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail and handling them with a team-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit
· Experience maintaining client contact as needed and assist with budget and schedule development
· Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
· 7 to 10 years' professional creative experience
· Previous roles in advertising or creative communications, a portfolio of ideas and executions demonstrating strong conceptual and executional writing skills
· Production experience in writing and execution for video, digital and social platforms
· Pride in your previous work and the ability to speak to it clearly and concisely during the interview process
· Experience in influencer and or community management a plus
· Experience with campaigns that target policymakers, media, investors as well as consumers.
*Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered*