Pricing Analyst (Marketing)
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, Zygo Corporation, located in Middlefield, CT has been a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced optical metrology systems and ultra-precise optical components and assemblies. We are a worldwide supplier of optical metrology instruments, high precision optical components, and complex electro-optical system design and manufacturing services. Recognized as a valued partner by its customers for innovative technology, application expertise, product reliability, and responsiveness, ZYGO has been driven by a passion for innovation, as evidenced by approximately 750 patents awarded since its foundation.
We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.
POSITION SUMMARY: As a Pricing Analyst, you will be responsible for developing and implementing pricing strategies to maximize sales and ensure long-term profitability goals are met. You will estimate material and labor costs for moderate to highly complex custom optics in response to external customer requests, compile technical clarifications and exceptions based on input from Engineering and Manufacturing and prepare quotations and proposals for defense and commercial applications.
• Estimates material and labor cost for customer requests for quote (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
• Review Bill of Materials (BOM), assembly drawings, engineering change notices (ECN) and technical files.
• Compare RFQ to prior orders to confirm accurate cost estimates.
• Communicate complex customer information and interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, and management teams.
• Compile technical clarifications, excepts based on input from Engineering and Manufacturing.
• Work closely with Purchasing team to evaluate and select suppliers based on cost, lead time, and quality.
• Coordinate order review and approval including pricing, notes, and customer Terms and Conditions
• Prepare quotations and proposals for defense and commercial applications.
• Interface directly with regional Account Managers, both domestically and internationally
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to technical details
• Enthusiastic and capable of learning something new every day
• Adaptable to changing priorities, works well under pressure with adherence to deadlines
• Ability to build rapport and relationships with internal resources and sales team
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be able to provide U.S. person documentation
• Minimum two years' experience working in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read blueprints and interpret dimensional requirements
• Experience with estimating techniques
• Quotation and/or customer service experience
• Engineering, physics, or similar educational experience a plus
• Knowledge of optical specifications, with optics manufacturing experience a strong plus
COMPUTER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills
• SalesForce experience a plus
• Navision or other ERP software experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class. .