Legal Specialist/Counsel: Financial Lines Liability (Legal)
The duties of Counsel to the Financial Lines' Management Liability team, Financial Institutions, are as follows:
Business Unit Counseling:
• Assist underwriters in the evaluation of insurance risks for professional liability and management liability policies for financial institutions.
• Review and interpret applicable laws and regulations, legislative developments, case decisions and claims verdicts to provide comprehensive legal advice and technical training on such matters.
• Communicate effectively with underwriters, senior management, claims professionals and other OGC colleagues.
• Regularly provide guidance and suggestions on coverage developments, industry trends and new exposures.
• Actively participate in underwriting meetings, broker meetings, staff meetings and other key business and OGC meetings.
Transactional and Regulatory Responsibilities:
• Draft, review and negotiate contracts, confidentiality agreements, warranties, marketing materials and other ancillary documents associated with our insurance policies.
• Analyze and interpret applicable laws and regulations to provide advice and guidance to underwriting and compliance staff.
• Assist Chubb Compliance in developing and amending business practices and products where needed to ensure compliance.
Product Development and Manuscript Drafting for FI Products (Directors and Officers Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Insurance Company Professional Liability, Investment Adviser Liability, Investment Company Liability, Venture Capital Liability, Securities Broker-Dealer Liability, Banker Liability, Commercial Crime, Fidelity and others)
• Work collaboratively with underwriters, managers, brokers, and policyholders to negotiate coverage terms and conditions.
• Draft coverage forms, endorsements and manuscripts in conjunction and collaboration with the Chubb Drafting Center of Excellence.
• Demonstrate high ability to: a) comprehend underwriting requests, b) work collaboratively with underwriting to discuss the implications of such requests, c) understand, communicate and address legal, regulatory and compliance complexities, and d) produce a high quality product responsive to underwriting requests.
Law degree with a background in contractual and/or insurance law.
Experience in policy and endorsement drafting is a plus.
Ability to work on multiple tasks and properly prioritize.
Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to build collaborative relationships and maintain client confidence.
Demonstrated ability to understand the insurance industry, client needs, and business goals and provide sound consultation and achieve desired results.