Prudential Ins Co of America
Associate Actuary-Individual Life Valuation Consolidation, Process & Controls (Information Technology)
The Individual Life Consolidation team is seeking an Associate Actuary with a technology and innovation mind, to lead a team of associates responsible for the consolidation and reporting of formulaic statutory, tax, and GAAP reserves. The position will play a key role in the continued development of the Individual Life Data Factory, using Python and SQL server to automate ledger booking, tax reporting, annual statement updates, and reports to improve delivery of results to our stakeholders.
This associate will exhibit strong organizational and communication skills in compiling and presenting technical results and insightful analysis to various levels of management. This will require the use of data visualization tools such as PowerBI to further enhance analytics. This individual will be proactive in partnering with our EXL associates to drive change and transformation of our valuation capabilities and executing on projects effectively and efficiently. This leader will demonstrate the technical and leadership competencies and passion for continuous improvement.
• Prepare and effectively communicate financial information for various customers (e.g. FSS, Finance, Tax, Treasury, etc.) and understand and explain the drivers of reserve movements.
• Develop and Implement Data Factory and process enhancements based on business value (operational, financial, insights, foundational).
• Earn confidence and trust by demonstrating ownership, commitment, and follow-through in delivering accurate and timely results.
• Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business stakeholders.
• Serve as a thought leader for peers in driving awareness around innovative technology solutions.
• Enthusiastic, curious, resourceful, and a self-starter comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment. Takes ownership of professional development of self and team.
• Ability to grasp complex subject matter, provide insightful analysis, and develop innovative solutions.
• Experience with industry standard data analysis and visualization software, such as SQL, Python, and PowerBI.
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills with ability to present technical results to non-technical stakeholders.
• Familiarity with actuarial concepts, financial reporting, and/or individual life insurance products a plus (but not required).
• Progress towards or attainment of Fellowship of Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation.
Position open to Prudential offices and remote/virtual
*Note: Prudential is required by Colorado law to include the salary range for this role when hiring a Colorado resident.
Salary range specific to Colorado:$86,200 to $122,400 + discretionary incentive bonus + benefits. Eligibility to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance. In addition, employees are eligible for standard benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and retirement.-
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.