Ascend Learning, Inc.
Marketing Content & Communications Manager (Creative Design)
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Since 1989, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) has been partnering with allied health education programs, organizations and employers across the nation to award more than 500,000 allied health certifications. We offer eight nationally accredited exams, certification preparation and study materials; industry- leading outcomes-based data analytics, as well as ongoing professional development and continuing education for our certification holders.
The Marketing Content & Communications Manager will be a relentless communicator who understands how to build on an idea, lead and execute on a strategy and is passionate about understanding the people and the business.
This person is responsible for developing meaningful content to help drive NHA's demand generation efforts that are critical to growing our brand and business. The Content and Communications Manager will also develop and execute targeted internal and external brand communications across channels including employers, educators, Career and Technical Educators (CTE), and retail pharmacies. This role will help drive brand positioning and messaging across the customer journey, plan and execute our regular business unit calls and manage our internal communications from Marketing out to the BU. This role will contribute to our public relations and social media content efforts for NHA while coordinating with outside vendors. The marketing and content manager will identify and manage resource needs and allocation in coordination with our marketing team and stakeholders. The Content and Communications Manager will also be responsible for working with our Designer and vendors to create NHA's annual access™ publication – a thought leadership publication including industry research and trends that are helpful and applicable to the healthcare professions we serve.
This position includes tactical execution, copywriting, and participation in strategy development. Additional responsibilities will include support of the Senior Marketing Manager in other Brand and Sales Enablement initiatives as needed. This role reports to the Senior Marketing Manager, Content, Campaigns and Enablement Strategy.
Unique Skills Required:
• 3-5 years of experience in a content and/or communications marketing role. B2B and healthcare and/or education industry experience a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or related field preferred
• Ability to create and write concise and compelling content following AP style- writing samples will be requested
• Copy editing skills and attention to detail are imperative
• Excellent project management skills and ability to juggle multiple deadlines
• Can work in a highly collaborative environment
• Understanding of search engine insights that can drive content visibility and improvement (SEO)
• Must be digitally minded and tech savvy with an understanding of how marketing content crosses a variety of mediums
• HubSpot and/or marketing automation software experience preferred
Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for promoting the brand mission and tone in publications, marketing materials, social media and campaign content.
• Identify & help implement ways to use content to drive and support brand awareness, lead gen/conversion (gated content, etc.)
• Build relationship with outside PR consultant and help identify opportunities for news, story pitches and placement as well as announcements to external audiences.
• Be able to conduct market research as needed for campaign content and build plans for execution.
• Ensure all marketing campaign projects meet or exceed executional objectives.
• Responsible for acquisition and retention of content strategies-creation, market analysis, planning, workflow, timelines and ROI management.
• Prepare and track project budgets, monthly and annual projections and any other necessary reporting in partnership with Senior Marketing Manager.
• Work in partnership with Sr. Marketing Manager, Digital and Data and Digital/Social Marketing Specialist to deliver on clear communication/content strategies for campaign rollout and channel specific B2B and B2C campaigns to grow the business.
• Responsible for managing content production from start to finish (from planning to tracking ROI), providing direction to graphic designer and contracted resources where projects cross over.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of NHA's customer base and how to market our brand, telling the story of the value of our products, new and traditional offerings to customers and understand the lifecycle of the customer.
• Prepare status reports and manage project specific timelines and resources.
• Prepares for, attends meetings with and is comfortable presenting to all levels and roles within the company, including to the leadership team.
• Identify opportunities to partner with sales teams and leaders to build strong cross-functional content and communications.
• Facilitate cross-functional brainstorms as necessary for broader thought and input.
• Own and manage marketing content calendar to include blogs, podcasts, campaign assets, and website content updates.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.