Monrovia Nursery Company
CDL Driver/Equipment Operator (Transportation)
1. Unloads or assists in unloading trailer by using forklift or hand truck.
2. Maintain detailed log of trips
3. Operate semi-truck with one trailer, according to state laws. Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
4. Chocks block rear wheels of truck or trailer before any unloading takes place.
5. Removes chock brocks before driving away from shipping dock.
6. Obtains shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and returns completed paper work to shipping office. Maintains any related records required.
7. Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to Facility Maintenance Coach.
8. Requires high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of tractor-trailer and in prevent damage to materials and trailer equipment.
9. Frequently sitting in trailer cab for long period of time.
10. Must secure loads after each stop as to avoid damage to plants.
11. Walking, lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, reaching, pulling and pushing.
12. Abide by the hour's restrictions and advise Coach otherwise.
13. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned to meet departmental requirements.