Safety & Security Assistant (Security)
1. Makes scheduled rounds of both inside and outside the buildings to maintain a safe, secure environment which is accomplished via foot/vehicle patrol surveillance (roving). Remains in communication with the safety/security/communication assistant at the desk via hand held radio; reports to investigate all calls reported to the security desk. Notes concerns of residents, security concerns and safety concerns observed. Responds to investigate all fire alarms and emergency calls.
2. Monitors employees as they clock in and out of work; monitors site wide alarms and CCTV; receives emergency communications and in accordance with established protocols dispatches roving assistant and/or designated medical personnel to origin of call. Answers incoming and in-house telephone calls; provides appropriate information and/or assistance to residents and visitors.
3. Utilizing CCTV monitors vehicles entering/exiting the community as well as persons loading/un-loading supplies and materials at the loading dock. Records the license plate numbers and the names of both personnel and vendors on campus.
4. In accordance with established protocols and when necessary contacts appropriate outside law enforcement, fire control, emergency medical/rescue personnel; maintains required reports detailing the reason for, time of contact, response time, actions taken, and required follow-up.
5. Accomplishes all work in the order of priority set by supervisor. Follows the procedures as out lined in policy number: ESD 6.18 (security vehicle).