1st Shift Group Lead- Service Center (Finance)
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below.
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and five service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or just beginning, joining Morgan's winning team means being part of a great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be proud.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide associates with objectives and standards specifying results to be achieved. Provide tools, training, and support as needed. Provide a motivating climate supportive of each team member becoming fully competent.
1. Must be able to "Demonstrate Leadership Capabilities"
2. "Self-starter-self-motivated: Willingness to learn and a strong desire to progress within the Company"
3. Work with little or no supervision.
4. Display and promote teamwork and effective communication within Production and the company as a whole.
5. Deal quickly and effectively with associate issues / concerns.
6. Adhere to all legal and company policies and procedures.
7. Take an active interest in the training of all new and existing associates assigned within your area of responsibility
8. Maintain continual effective communication with associates assigned to area of responsibility.
9. Perform performance coaching and counseling as required to ensure associates perform to desired expectations.
10. Assist with on the job training of team members.
11. Read and interpret written orders and specifications, blueprints, instructions and labels, which may contain hazardous warnings and cautions.
12. Provide guidance and assist with on the job training of team members.
13. Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
14. Use computer to perform job task and track jobs and parts.
15. Keep records and prints of specials.
16. Ability to use different parts to make jobs work properly.
17. Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS:
Effective use and coordination of resources to accomplish specific goals and outputs while maintaining quality and customer satisfaction.
1. Track and control work hours on jobs to meet goals of profit.
2. Effective and efficient utilization of people and other resources (overtime, equipment, material, etc.)
3. Efficiently and effectively, plan and execute daily work.
4. Coordinate activities with other departments of the plant.
5. Achieve truck delivery goals; daily delivery, monthly delivery, and on time delivery.
6. Monitor and control inventory levels to ensure appropriate availability and work in process levels.
INNOVATION / INITIATIVE
Creativity in approaches to safety, personnel, productivity, and quality related problems.
1. Seek and develop new or improved processes that result in improved productivity and customer satisfaction.
2. Seek and develop solutions to problems as appropriate with supervisor and vendors.
Demonstrate a commitment to quality and the quality process. Completes assignments in an accurate and thorough manner. Produces work that meets or exceeds standard including satisfying the requirements of internal or external customers.
1. Display personal quality attitude and quality leadership / sponsorship.
2. Monitor established work procedures / practices; follow specs. Implement changes as required.
3. Take an active role in the daily truck audits. Follow up on issues and corrective actions.
4. Monitor quality of trucks in process and in rework and communicate actions required / taken.
5. Actively pursue defect reductions and positively impact defect measurements.
6. Implement and maintain quality improvement efforts. Maintain processes.
Lead by personal example to create and maintain a safe and orderly work environment. Enforces or follows safe work practices.
1. Achieve zero lost time injuries and reduce OSHA recordable injuries.
2. Assure compliance to safety policies and safe work practices.
3. Maintain consistent daily housekeeping of all areas of responsibility.
4. Utilize established programs and personal (safety meetings, etc.) to improve safety performance.
5. Display personal safety attitude and safety leadership / sponsorship.
EXPERTISE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
1. Must be able to read and or interpret work orders.
2. Must be able to read a tape measure.
3. High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
4. Must be available to work overtime, including Saturdays, if needed.
5. Must have the flexibility to work rotating shifts as necessary.
6. Must be able to stand for 8 - 10 hours per day and lift up to 35 lbs.
7. Must have understanding of quality policies and have minimum or zero defects per unit. Must adhere to the company safety regulations and assist in the training and awareness of safety guidelines to new team members in the department.
8. Must actively participate and support Poindexter Production System (PPS); 5's, Lean, TPM, and other Continuous Improvement Activities.
9. Prior supervisory experience preferred but not required.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand (sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds. The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places.
Special Application Instructions: