Manufacturing, Engineer (Marketing)
• Serves as primary liaison with cross-function Product Development Teams providing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) input for new products, and acting as the primary interface and transition of new product to a full production environment.
• Design and implement efficient processes using lean manufacturing principles, to enable single piece flow in a pull system philosophy for existing products or new product launches as appropriate.
• Justify and purchase capital equipment/tooling to improve or implement manufacturing processes.
• Establish and document production standards and controls, conduct initial time studies and establish labor standards for all products as necessary.
• Generate work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures utilizing visual factory methods in the creation of the work environment.
• Establish appropriate methods, tools, equipment, etc. required to produce products in keeping with established IATF 16949 operating standards.
• Complete PFMEA analysis in a cross functional environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or 5 plus years of experience in heavy manufacturing, advanced degree is a plus
• A successful five-year history in heavy manufacturing production environment to include product launch experience required
• Previous experience with lean manufacturing methods and Toyota Production System based manufacturing.
• Expert user of appropriate office and manufacturing related technologies,2D (Autocad preferred) and 3D (Creo preferred) CAD literacy a must
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines with a problem solving mentality.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Work in cross functional environment to gain consensus and be willing to adopt new ideas.