Material Handler/Forklift Driver (Manufacturing)
Join Our Team!
Healthy Pet in Jesup, GA has an immediate openings for Material Handler/Forklift Drivers.
The Material Handler operates a forklift in a safe manner to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of Healthy Pet products from work site to storage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operates forklift in a safe manner including operating at a safe slow speed, adhering to all forklift safety rules and always wearing a seat belt while operating forklift.
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Reports accuracy, damage, quality and material safety concerns to supervisor immediately upon the receipt of damaged products.
• Optimizes all warehouse storage areas to ensure maximum warehouse load density and a high degree of detailed organization and access is achieved at all times.
• Ensures the storage, availability, cleanliness, maintenance and functionality of all tools and supplies at all times. Reports damage & outages in a timely fashion to assure zero time loss and a high degree of efficiency.
• Maintains a safe, hazard free area, and complete all duties in a safe and organized fashion.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Six months of experience driving a forklift (required)
• This position requires satisfactory completion of a company provided forklift certification program and maintain this certification throughout term of employment
• Attentive to detail, maintain a high degree of accuracy and organization, make mathematical calculations and check data. Recognize, resolve and correct discrepancies in data or information.
• Employer paid medical/dental/vision/short term disability
• Voluntary flexible spending account/life insurance/accident insurance/long term disability
• Generous matching 401k plan
• 9 paid holidays per year/sick days/vacation
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Healthy Pet is a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen.